Mom studying for NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NaplexRx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Going to quote RxPrep here:
"A special note to parents: if there are children in the house, any loving parent wiil be listening for them. This is good - but makes it difficult to focus on studyingl Studying for a board exam requires a dedicated mind. You may need to make arrangements with your family to get out of the house and prepare with study partners, or go to an environment with fewer distractions than will be present in the home. Studying in a coffee shop or a library can be helpful'"

For those that have kids....how do you stay focused on studying for Boards? I have a 13-months old baby girl and it is so hard to stay focus on my study. I only get about 4-5 hrs of study each day while she's at the daycare, nothing on the weekend, but even with those 4-5 hrs span, I don't think my mind is completely focused. At night, eventhough my husband helped play with her, I can't sit down to study either. Please, those that have kids, please share your experience. Thanks so much!!!

I am a mom of a 16 month old baby, I am studying at the library for 2-3hours every day except Sundays ( of course i need to stay home some days when I dont have any baby sitting facility) but I can assure you that you cant study at home no matter what you need to get out. we have so many distractions at home like phone, laundry, husband kids etc. No one can focus like that.

4-5 hours a day is a ALOT of studying. You probably don't need to study that much.

I know people who studied 2 hours a day for a week and passed.

Remember, you know everything already. You may not have it memorized, but it's etched into your brain somewhere. Studying for naplex is a reminder, not a course

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a mom of a 16 month old baby, I am studying at the library for 2-3hours every day except Sundays ( of course i need to stay home some days when I dont have any baby sitting facility) but I can assure you that you cant study at home no matter what you need to get out. we have so many distractions at home like phone, laundry, husband kids etc. No one can focus like that.

Last edited:
For those that have kids....how do you stay focused on studying for Boards? I have a 13-months old baby girl and it is so hard to stay focus on my study. I only get about 4-5 hrs of study each day while she's at the daycare, nothing on the weekend, but even with those 4-5 hrs span, I don't think my mind is completely focused. At night, eventhough my husband helped play with her, I can't sit down to study either. Please, those that have kids, please share your experience. Thanks so much!!!

To all Mommies out there Kudos!!!!!!
Here is my story. I am a mother of 4 kids with 3 kids below 5yrs old and my youngest is 15months. I work full time too and it was hard.
Normally 4 kids + husby makes 5 kids because I have to cook, clean, groceries etc.
My strength is first from God through prayers. I could not do it without him.
Then I studied my eyes off!
My study time was between 10p and 4am in the morning because all my kids are a sleep.
I get back from work do house duties, take a nap and wake up to read.
During the day I spend my time fighting sleep at work but during the stretch of time I was studying for NAPLEX it was worth it because I made it and I am thankful for the strength God gave me.
I am still to take MPJE....So I have started my routine again. It's hard but we need to do it if not for us for our little ones..
When you read my story, I want you to tell yourself that you can do it.. I know you can.. you have come this far...

I'll just add, that while I'm not a mother, please understand that this is an relatively easy exam to pass. Trust me. I took it on Wednesday and had basically worried for 2 days, finding out that I passed today.

Background: I'm wasn't an A student, not even a B student. My GPA was 2 point something. I even failed the first therapeutics class on my first attempt, which delayed my graduation for one year.

Just make sure you know how to work the calculations floating around here on SDN (120 questions). If you can master those, there is absolutely no way you can fail. I virtually didn't study at all. Just practiced those math problems, which aren't hard IMHO.

To all Mommies out there Kudos!!!!!!
Here is my story. I am a mother of 4 kids with 3 kids below 5yrs old and my youngest is 15months. I work full time too and it was hard.
Normally 4 kids + husby makes 5 kids because I have to cook, clean, groceries etc.
My strength is first from God through prayers. I could not do it without him.
Then I studied my eyes off!
My study time was between 10p and 4am in the morning because all my kids are a sleep.
I get back from work do house duties, take a nap and wake up to read.
During the day I spend my time fighting sleep at work but during the stretch of time I was studying for NAPLEX it was worth it because I made it and I am thankful for the strength God gave me.
I am still to take MPJE....So I have started my routine again. It's hard but we need to do it if not for us for our little ones..
When you read my story, I want you to tell yourself that you can do it.. I know you can.. you have come this far...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user