Money...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eardocsavvy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
As all applications are in.. now I am worried about funding my education..

I have little knowledge about loans and what they entail. Does anybody know if loans cover EVERYTHING? including housing..ect

If they do not, how do you cover these expenses as well as the "unexpected" costs?

Is there a limit to the amount you will receive?

Thanks in advance!! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

they cover school and living expenses, such as books, transportation and food. there is a limit and the financial office of your school determines what that limit is, usually called "cost of attendance". make sure the amount is reasonable as i had to get my "allowed" amount boosted because they base it on fulltime grad credits of 9 not the 14 or 17 that i need to take. this is for loans from sallie mae and stafford, you can also get private loans and for those you designate the amount i believe, not sure how they work cause i didn't take any private loans out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to send the fafsa to all the schools we applied to? Or is there time to do that after we have chosen a school?

You fill out the FAFSA once and you list all the possible schools you are considering. The financial aid offices of each school will usually contact you about federal aid, loans, etc. This can be separate or not from whatever financial package you may be offered by your department. The way schools do it varies, but in my experience there's not always very much communication between your department and the financial aid office.