Who makes more money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juicy123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who makes more money: The Speech-Language Pathologist doing homecare, or the Audiologist with a doctorate degree?

Theres no really right or wrong answer because the salary varies so much for each profession, and I don't even think many people are sure of how much money we will make as an Aud. Just want to hear some feedback on everyone's personal opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont really know the difference in salary between the average SLP and one doing homecare. It also depends on what type of job the doctoral-level audiologist is performing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Homecare SLP in New York area makes about 80k...although I personally know individuals who make over 100k.
As compared to......
Audiologist working in a hospital?

it depends on a lot of things but most AuDs make less than 80k so I'm goin with the homecare SLP on this one

Also factor in the fact that SLPs spend only 2 years in school, thus accruing less debt!

so i guess this confirms the previous debates of the lack of salary difference between the Au.D and the masters :(

It depends. SLP's and AuD's that work in hospitals make about the same amount of money. AuD's that work in private practices make a lot more money.

X

Last edited:
http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/pdf/RUS.pdf

That link will take you to the VA pay schedule for non-major cities. You can navigate your way back to the complete list by trimming the end off that same link. AuDs enter as Grade 11's - Step 1. After that year, you move to Grade 12 - Step 1 and then move along horizontally.

You have to remember, a lot of that has to do with where you are... for example, either professional in a big city in California is going to make nearly twice as much money as someone in say.