Montana State - Post Baccalaureate

Started by PowerCool
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PowerCool

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

I am very interested in applying for Montana State Post Baccalaureate program for 2011. I would like to hear some recent feedback :

- How competitive it is to get accepted?
- Acceptance rate after the completion of the program to Medical / Dental school
- Class size.
- Faculty and material covered.
- And anything you might want to add on.

I am a career changer and planning to get myself ready to apply for Dental school.

Thank you.
 
I've only seen one post about this program in the years I've been following this forum. It's not well known outside WWAMI. It looks fairly well organized, in my opinion, but it's not a program like some you'll see talked about such as Bryn Mawr. You get no particular advantage by going to this school vs. another one, other than maintaining your residency & saving some money. You get an adviser and an opportunity to take classes. Which is likely all you need (other than financial aid & registration priority).

My suggestion is to send mail to the UWash schools of medicine & dentistry, maybe to the deans of student affairs. Ask to be hooked up with some students from MT who are now enrolled at UW, who went to Montana State for undergrad or for their postbac. Put together some polite, concise questions that an admin can easily forward, and make it clear how to contact you.

Also, cruise facebook for the same students.

Best of luck to you.