Montana state

Started by DrNunes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrNunes

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I have been a long time creeper on the forums. After many years I have finally joined because I was unable to find information that I wanted... Does anyone know about MSU's post bacc pre med cert program? I want to hear everything and anything about the program! I am from cali and applying for this upcoming summer. I just graduated from a private in cali, BA in sociology. I took all of the nursing prereqs but decided that after working in a hospital for two years that nursing wasn't right for me. I am fairly young, just turned 21, and finished college fast... 2.5 years not to mention that I am almost bald from pulling all of my hair out 😱 haha not really but yeah I felt like it at times.

cum gpa 3.4
science courses but none that really apply towards med prereqs.
- physiology, microbiology, anatomy, biology, chemistry... all with labs ~3.6

Is MSU worth attending? Or is HES better?
For those that are current student, what were your admission stats?

Thanks so much!🙂
 
Last edited:
I think you'll find some former MSU students if you search the forum for "Montana." I recall some within the last 18 months or so.

I've heard of the MSU program and I think it looks better organized than most. You can assume it's not well known outside WA/OR/CO/UT-ish.

If you're looking to move to another state, I STRONGLY encourage you to consider doing so in a way that lets you set up residency where it will benefit you. For example, if you are able to become a resident in Texas, then you will have eight schools to choose from (even Baylor) where in-state tuition is about $13k/yr. You can get out of med school with under $100k debt in some states, and it's absolutely worth it to try. The obvious targets are TX, FL, OH. Worst would be CA, NY and arguably PA.

And Montana's not a bad pick, if you can get numbers for U of Washington or the other WICHE states (CO, UT, maybe AZ?). If you're just going there to ski, I understand, and take a look at Portland State's program too. The Mt. Hood & Mt. Bachelor areas are pretty great.

Best of luck to you.
 
Thanks so much DrMidlife I will keep it all in mind. I have a few options and its driving me crazy choosing but I will make due. Thanks again🙂