Montclair vs CUNY for AuD?

Started by 2edbrd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2edbrd

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted by each of Montclair's and CUNY's AuD programs. I am trying to decide which to choose from these two programs. I am running out of time to decide because my CUNY deadline is tomorrow.

Can anyone shed some light on whether one program is significantly better than the other? I am particularly concerned about things like quality of school/education/professors, types of job opportunities after graduating, any anything else you find relevant.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give!
 
Hi! Unfortunately, I can't answer questions about the AuD program specifically, but I have lived in Montclair and am happy to answer any questions you might have about the area. Feel free to send me a message with questions if you'd like.

Good luck!
 
several professors at gallaudet got their phd's at cuny and there used to be some big names there. i think aural rehab was big at the time. most of the people they studied under aren't there anymore however. don't know much about the people there now but i think historically cuny has had a reputation for good research.
 
both schools are good, im in one of them and had class with the co-director of the other