Month of most interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StringBean

Senior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what month people end up doing most of thier interviews... I was thinking maybe November??? I'm trying to see when I should stick a rotation in that I can miss more days and not have it be a problem. I have important away rotations for October and December. Thisnk I'll be able to schedule most interviews within Nov to avoid having to miss days at my away rotations?

Thanks!
~Bean
 
StringBean said:
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what month people end up doing most of thier interviews... I was thinking maybe November??? I'm trying to see when I should stick a rotation in that I can miss more days and not have it be a problem. I have important away rotations for October and December. Thisnk I'll be able to schedule most interviews within Nov to avoid having to miss days at my away rotations?

Thanks!
~Bean

November could work - but it largely depends on where you're applying. I found that many programs didn't have interview dates before the middle of November. Then you have the Thanksgiving holiday, around which there won't be as many interviews. If you're going to interview at a LOT of places, it may be difficult. Remember as well that most programs only interview a few days/week and so it's not always realistic to do more than a couple/week depending on how far you're travelling. That said, you could do as many as possible in November and then do a few more scattered in Dec. & Jan.
I went to 10 interviews - I ended up doing 2 in November, 6 in December, and 2 in January. I took December off an only had to miss a couple of days on the other months. In the end it all works out. 👍