Moonlighting at NYU (or NYC)

Started by drranjit
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drranjit

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
Gen surg PGY2 here. I will be starting research years at NYU in July.
I am interested in doing some moonlighting during my research years (a few shifts per month).
I know that the first step would be to apply for a NY state license, which can take a few months.

Does anyone know how I can find a moonlighting position at NYU preferably (or in NYC in general), which would be suitable for someone with 2 years of gen surg residency under her belt?
Anyone I can look up/contact who would have more information regarding moonlighting spots? Website? I don't have the slightest idea how to get started.

My current residency program is not in the city, and I have therefore no connections with people to help me find a moonlighting position.

Thanks for your help.