Moonlighting During Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Human_For_A_Living

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a pulmonary and critical care fellow who will be applying for a sleep medicine fellowship position eventually (not this cycle). I would like to keep up my pulmonary/intensivist skills during the year I'm in sleep training so that when I start my attending life, the hustle and bustle of the ICU doesn't hit me like a ton of bricks. On the interview trail, is it reasonable to ask about opportunities to moonlight, or is this generally frowned upon? Have any of you had good/bad experiences moonlighting in sleep fellowship? Just looking for general advice as well.

Thanks in advance!