7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
I'm a GMO Navy done PGY-1 in IM w/ desire to moonlight for remaining 2.5 yrs prior to going into civilian residency. TriCare rules in Norfolk prohibit us from working in UC ERs that accept TriCare pts thus asking what other jobs can MD's w/ a license and DEA # do?

Any consultant work..chart reviews, etc.?

Any advice appreciated since I'll be taking a pay hit once returning to civilian residency and wish to make some beans to brace the fall.



7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I know that issue of Tricare patients in ER/UC's has come up for some of my friends back in the states. The way that some of them dealt with it was by going to some distant ER/UC an hour or two away from the MTF - far enough that you won't have that problem, but close enough that you can still make money after traveling there for a couple weekend shifts.

Sorry I don't have any more gouge about moonlighting, but I've been stuck overseas for the duration of my time - no opportunities over here :mad:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.