Moonlighting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goneril

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I've been looking for moonlighting gigs but coming up empty. I work at an outpatient clinic but we also do newborn nursery rounds. I finished residency 4 years ago. I work FT (4 days a week). My hope was to moonlight in an ED/UC or as hospitalist, like 3 or 4 shifts per month. But I can’t even get an interview. These are advertised jobs and some of them have been posted for months.

Does anyone have any advice? I can understand not getting called for hospitalist work since I have not done hospital work since 2015. It’s kind of frustrating because I really wanted to make some extra dollars to make a dent in my student loans.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I've been looking for moonlighting gigs but coming up empty. I work at an outpatient clinic but we also do newborn nursery rounds. I finished residency 4 years ago. I work FT (4 days a week). My hope was to moonlight in an ED/UC or as hospitalist, like 3 or 4 shifts per month. But I can’t even get an interview. These are advertised jobs and some of them have been posted for months.

Does anyone have any advice? I can understand not getting called for hospitalist work since I have not done hospital work since 2015. It’s kind of frustrating because I really wanted to make some extra dollars to make a dent in my student loans.
You need networking connections. Who can put in a good word for you at the places you are applying?

You need networking connections. Who can put in a good word for you at the places you are applying?

The only people who could put in a good word for me probably wouldn't want me to moonlight.

You can also use a head hunting company, though you would likely have to travel (they pay). They are often connected to institutions looking for temporary and part time coverage and you can work whenever you want.