Moore's clinical anatomy ?CD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepDrape

First-take your own pulse
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering shelling out some hard earned for Moore's Clinically oriented anatomy, as it is a recommended text for me.

Any comments on whether it's any good, or any suggestions for better alternatives. In particular - is the CD any good, I'd rather just carry my laptop and leave the books at home :)

Members don't see this ad.

First off, I need to let you know that I manage the medical education titles for Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, publisher of Moore COA. The book itself is fantastic and you will find that you are tested predominately on the content contained in the "blue boxes".

The CD that comes with the book is actually artwork from Grant's Atlas 10th edition with some really great functionality. You can view structures with labels on or off, self test with roll-over hot spots, compare images next to each other and there is a demonstration of Simbryo, an animated embryology program, that comes free in the back of Langman's.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Scott

[email protected]

Thanks for the info Scott,

does the CD contain all of the images from Grant's?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and does it run on OS X for Mac?
Thanks!

The UK version of Moore & Daley COA dosn't come with a CD :(

Yeah my uni bookshop has the book minus the CD as well (in Australia). I'm not sure if they can order it, or whether I'd need to use amazon... i see from lippincott's site that a v2.0 cd is coming that has 2800 images.

has anybody used COA, or the images from Grant's - would I still need netter's - I have mcminns and am looking for a more stylised companion?

Hi Guys,

The CD in the back of the book is Mac compatible.

In the international markets there are versions of the book with and without the CD. The version with the CD has an ISBN number of: 0-7817-5936-6

I apologize if there is any confusion but the international book sellers requested the product this way.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Scott
[email protected]

Scott_L said:
The book itself is fantastic and you will find that you are tested predominately on the content contained in the "blue boxes".
Oh yeah, you are right about the "blue boxes". I emailed you regarding how I can get the CD without buying the book. I already have a book from a friend.

BushBaby said:
Scott_L said:
The book itself is fantastic and you will find that you are tested predominately on the content contained in the "blue boxes".
Oh yeah, you are right about the "blue boxes". I emailed you regarding how I can get the CD without buying the book. I already have a book from a friend.
Our Musculoskeletal examination was largely based on the contents of the "blue boxes" from this text also!