More competitive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adam638

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Between the Florida programs and the Pennsylvania programs, which state tends to be more competitive?

Members don't see this ad.

You really can't lump them together because competitiveness is program- not state-dependent (except when you're talking about Cali or NY). Penn is obviously the most competitive, followed by Pitt and Thomas Jefferson. But U of Florida and Miami are more competitive than, say, Geisinger and Allegheny General.

Last edited:
STATE WAR!!!!

Florida:
Pros: much hotter women*, better weather
Cons: you could get eaten by an alligator and/or mosquitos, constant source of national shame by being so close to the Bay of Pigs

Pennsylvania:
Pros: the Amish- a hearty and industrious folk, Scranton branch of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
Cons: the Mennonites- a shifty bunch, the Pittsburgh Pirates

Tie: friendliness toward physicians is equally crappy

*this is worth 99 points, rendering all other considerations moot

Members don't see this ad :)
MSMC-Campus-Pictures1.jpg

Yet, I'm in Florida right now and am completely miserable. I can't walk outside without being covered in sweat. The girls are attractive, but you have to have a high tolerance for stupidity.

Currently, you also have to dig a governor who looks like Lex Luthor.

Yet, I'm in Florida right now and am completely miserable. I can't walk outside without being covered in sweat. The girls are attractive, but you have to have a high tolerance for stupidity.

I'm in SoFlo and the weather is not that bad. 90 degree weather is more tolerable than sub-40 degree weather, imo. I still think California is better than Florida though.

At least you have the beaches. I'm stuck in hotlanta where the humidity is almost as bad without the beach escape.

And Miami has the hottest girls in America

LA (SoCal) > Miami (SoFla) in that department, imo. More diverse.:thumbup:

Maybe being born and raised in SoCal I tired of the SoCal girls.

Or maybe I'm just in love with Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and Dominicans :D

Honestly I haven't spent that much time in MIA so it's probably the newness/different factor

I'm in SoFlo and the weather is not that bad. 90 degree weather is more tolerable than sub-40 degree weather, imo. I still think California is better than Florida though.

I am in North Florida, but I hate south florida even more. All the houses look exactly the same and your money doesn't get you anything to begin with. The 90 degree heat isn't bad when you are sitting on a beach, but whenever you actually have to do stuff outside and aren't by a beach it is miserable. Every chick I meet down there is either assembled from plastic or doesn't speak English.

Having lived in places with sub-40 degree weather, it is much easier to throw on an extra sweatshirt than to change my pitted out shirt that I just put on after a shower that nobody can tell I took. I just find myself running from my air conditioned car to my air conditioned apartment or air conditioned store. During winter in those locales I go from my heated car to similarly heated locations.

Nothing has done more to kill my outdoor time than moving to Florida. The time I am outside, with or without bug repellant, I'm getting swarmed by mosquitos the size of vampire bats.

What? I don't think I sound bitter at all and I don't think me moving in 100 degree heat and 80+% humidity has anything to do with that either. :p