More Fafsa Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanstudent1986

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...I got into pharmacy school and wondering what should I put as my grade status on my fafsa since I'm only a junior. Do I put graduate/professional or do I put junior. Also if I don't have a b.s, should I put down that I am seeking graduate/professional or a bachelor.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi...I got into pharmacy school and wondering what should I put as my grade status on my fafsa since I'm only a junior. Do I put graduate/professional or do I put junior. Also if I don't have a b.s, should I put down that I am seeking graduate/professional or a bachelor.

Whether or not you didn't get a bachelor degree PharmD is still a professional degree (Graduate Level). If you get accepted to a pharmacy school then you are on the graduate/professional level.

Talk to your school. It varies widely how each school considers their students, especially p1's. Even though I had a BS degree before starting my p1 year, my school still considered me an undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Talk to your school. It varies widely how each school considers their students, especially p1's. Even though I had a BS degree before starting my p1 year, my school still considered me an undergrad.

so how did you categorize yourself on question #23 when they ask "what type of degree/certificate are you pursuing for 07-80"??

There is no 'undergraduate' option, all they have is 1st bachelors, associate, certificate, graduate/professional...

my school considers me as an undergraduate either, but I don't know how I should put it on the FAFSA, should I just put 'professional/graduate' and leave them make the decision?

For my pharmacy school, years 1-4 is considered undergraduate so you'll put "1st Bachelors" and the respective year you're in (1=freshman, etc). Years 5-6 is considered graduate so you'll put "1st year graduate/professional" or "continuing graduate/professional." Hope this was helpful.

For my pharmacy school, years 1-4 is considered undergraduate so you'll put "1st Bachelors" and the respective year you're in (1=freshman, etc). Years 5-6 is considered graduate so you'll put "1st year graduate/professional" or "continuing graduate/professional." Hope this was helpful.

thx!!