Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

More Fafsa Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by vanstudent1986, Feb 21, 2007.

1. vanstudent1986

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi...I got into pharmacy school and wondering what should I put as my grade status on my fafsa since I'm only a junior. Do I put graduate/professional or do I put junior. Also if I don't have a b.s, should I put down that I am seeking graduate/professional or a bachelor.

2. Dr.Biassi

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Whether or not you didn't get a bachelor degree PharmD is still a professional degree (Graduate Level). If you get accepted to a pharmacy school then you are on the graduate/professional level.

3. patmcd

patmcd Senior Member
    Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Talk to your school. It varies widely how each school considers their students, especially p1's. Even though I had a BS degree before starting my p1 year, my school still considered me an undergrad.

4. greatdeals225

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    so how did you categorize yourself on question #23 when they ask "what type of degree/certificate are you pursuing for 07-80"??

There is no 'undergraduate' option, all they have is 1st bachelors, associate, certificate, graduate/professional...

my school considers me as an undergraduate either, but I don't know how I should put it on the FAFSA, should I just put 'professional/graduate' and leave them make the decision?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Pianopooh

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    For my pharmacy school, years 1-4 is considered undergraduate so you'll put "1st Bachelors" and the respective year you're in (1=freshman, etc). Years 5-6 is considered graduate so you'll put "1st year graduate/professional" or "continuing graduate/professional." Hope this was helpful.

6. greatdeals225

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

thx!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...