• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

vanstudent1986

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi...I got into pharmacy school and wondering what should I put as my grade status on my fafsa since I'm only a junior. Do I put graduate/professional or do I put junior. Also if I don't have a b.s, should I put down that I am seeking graduate/professional or a bachelor.

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Hi...I got into pharmacy school and wondering what should I put as my grade status on my fafsa since I'm only a junior. Do I put graduate/professional or do I put junior. Also if I don't have a b.s, should I put down that I am seeking graduate/professional or a bachelor.

Whether or not you didn't get a bachelor degree PharmD is still a professional degree (Graduate Level). If you get accepted to a pharmacy school then you are on the graduate/professional level.

patmcd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Southern US
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Talk to your school. It varies widely how each school considers their students, especially p1's. Even though I had a BS degree before starting my p1 year, my school still considered me an undergrad.

About the Ads

greatdeals225

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
Worcester, MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Talk to your school. It varies widely how each school considers their students, especially p1's. Even though I had a BS degree before starting my p1 year, my school still considered me an undergrad.

so how did you categorize yourself on question #23 when they ask "what type of degree/certificate are you pursuing for 07-80"??

There is no 'undergraduate' option, all they have is 1st bachelors, associate, certificate, graduate/professional...

my school considers me as an undergraduate either, but I don't know how I should put it on the FAFSA, should I just put 'professional/graduate' and leave them make the decision?

Pianopooh

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
For my pharmacy school, years 1-4 is considered undergraduate so you'll put "1st Bachelors" and the respective year you're in (1=freshman, etc). Years 5-6 is considered graduate so you'll put "1st year graduate/professional" or "continuing graduate/professional." Hope this was helpful.

greatdeals225

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
Worcester, MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
For my pharmacy school, years 1-4 is considered undergraduate so you'll put "1st Bachelors" and the respective year you're in (1=freshman, etc). Years 5-6 is considered graduate so you'll put "1st year graduate/professional" or "continuing graduate/professional." Hope this was helpful.

thx!!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.