More "Forgiving" MD schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STAT EKG

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've seen it mentioned on these forums that certain MD schools are known to consider the whole applicant to a larger degree than others.

I'm just about to submit my AMCAS app and I'd like to add some extra schools to ease my anxiety (even if only a little bit).

I've put out my numbers before, but a lot of you are probably unfamiliar with my situation, so here's a brief summation-

Freshman year 0.4 GPA over 27 credit hours, academic suspension, worked a year to pay off the loans/parents, went back to school and have had a cGPA of 3.73 and an sGPA of 3.88 over my last 114 credit hours

cGPA total = 3.03
sGPA total = 3.13
MCAT 30 O (9P,10V,11B)

I'm applying to DO schools too and my numbers there are -
cGPA - 3.36
sGPA - 3.60

Does anyone know of MD schools that are known to be more forgiving/more likely to look at the whole applicant?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Caribbean Schools... for the most part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of MD schools that are known to be more forgiving/more likely to look at the whole applicant?
Actually wayne state considers most recent work and a lot of postbac and what not. But they expect that if your gPA is lower that you should have a decent MCAT score and an upper trend and will look more at your newer stuff then older stuff.

I've known quite a few out of staters to get into Wayne State and most of them were postbac students
Hope that helps.

Why don't you PM gujuDoc and see if she knows of anymore.