More money???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trinitee501

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know for many this might seem like a stupid question but I was just wondering do you really have to continue paying the school while you do your residency??
I hope to do either Radiology or Cardiology both of which have lenghty residencies and I would prefer not to owe anyone close to a million when I finish.

Members don't see this ad.

Once you are finished with MEDICAL SCHOOL you are done paying for your education. During residency years, you are being paid. You may be mixing up the third and fourth years of medical school and residency. During the third and fourth years of medical school you are still paying for your education, but you are not in a classroom setting anymore because you are doing clinical rotations. Hope that helps!

trinitee501 said:
I know for many this might seem like a stupid question but I was just wondering do you really have to continue paying the school while you do your residency??
I hope to do either Radiology or Cardiology both of which have lenghty residencies and I would prefer not to owe anyone close to a million when I finish.

there is no such thing as a stupid question. Didn't your history professor teach you that?