Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, I just hope I won't bore you with this post..
Ever since 2 weeks agot when I first got my phone calls inviting me to interviews with both SGU and Ross, my body and mind have been in this constant state of allert. All I do all day at work, is hurry to finish all my work and then just stare at this forum all day, refreshing, hoping someone posted something.My biggest fear is that I will break out in tears in my interview, I have been waiting for this chance for soooooo long...ok let me explain a bit.
I finished highschool in Romania and wanted to enrol in Medical School, my parents sat me down for a talk and eventually we came to the conclusion that medical school done in Romania would be a waste of my life, they decided I should immigrate to Canada ...do a Bachelor's (Human Nutrition)and apply to Med school after. Well, my Freshman year, was horrible....I struggled with English, and with the study culture, ended up learning a very harsh lesson and a GPA of 1.64. However, I am a fighter (or so I like to believe)....I worked so hard on my language to the point where 3 years later I was teaching English courses and managed to pull my undergrad GPA to a 3.11 conclusion (sort of hard when you have a 1.64 to work with)...obviously with that GPA I did not get into medical school in Canada.
Ok....no problem I told myself....I will go and do a Master's in Food Science (kind've complement my Human Nutrition...you see I lean towards Public Health issues) and will apply afterwards. Well....I applied after my first year of my M.Sc. to Canadian and US school, same wave of rejections. In the meantime, I worked hard on getting clinical experience, became an EMT, held a second job (besides my full-time job and volunteer and full-time school, and TA'ing!!!!) as a medical receptionist in order to observe more the dynamic between patients and doctors and doctors and doctors, and also learn about the joys of private practice. I was lucky the doctor I was working with took me under his wing and sometimes explained to me test results, his reasoning behind requesting specific ones, and other physio-path logic, I ATE IT UP, and will be forever greatful. I also did smaller volnteerings here and there: ER, helping sexual assault victims etc..
After all that I decided that my 3rd attempt for medical school WILL be my last attempt...and I applied EVERYWHERE!!!! Canada, US, Ireland, Caribbean, and debating to apply for Poland....I am very passionate about doing this, and I cannot imagine myself doing anything else. How do I know you ask?.
Well.....to pay my bills I have worked in many different settings: academic, government, police, career counseling, research, financial counseling....I have never been happier then when I went to work at the medical clinic, or when I was on shift on the ambulance etc....all the other fields are just not for me, have no passion for them, I find them dry and non-challenging.....just wouldn't be able to live like that and be happy..
Ok I'll stop here before the moderators decide this post is too long and boring 😛Wish me luck guys for the next 2 weeks, and pray that I will not break down in tears in front of my interviewer!!!
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo
-------------------------------------------------------------------
GOD has given me a break!!!!
Don't bite the hand that feeds you!
Ever since 2 weeks agot when I first got my phone calls inviting me to interviews with both SGU and Ross, my body and mind have been in this constant state of allert. All I do all day at work, is hurry to finish all my work and then just stare at this forum all day, refreshing, hoping someone posted something.My biggest fear is that I will break out in tears in my interview, I have been waiting for this chance for soooooo long...ok let me explain a bit.
I finished highschool in Romania and wanted to enrol in Medical School, my parents sat me down for a talk and eventually we came to the conclusion that medical school done in Romania would be a waste of my life, they decided I should immigrate to Canada ...do a Bachelor's (Human Nutrition)and apply to Med school after. Well, my Freshman year, was horrible....I struggled with English, and with the study culture, ended up learning a very harsh lesson and a GPA of 1.64. However, I am a fighter (or so I like to believe)....I worked so hard on my language to the point where 3 years later I was teaching English courses and managed to pull my undergrad GPA to a 3.11 conclusion (sort of hard when you have a 1.64 to work with)...obviously with that GPA I did not get into medical school in Canada.
Ok....no problem I told myself....I will go and do a Master's in Food Science (kind've complement my Human Nutrition...you see I lean towards Public Health issues) and will apply afterwards. Well....I applied after my first year of my M.Sc. to Canadian and US school, same wave of rejections. In the meantime, I worked hard on getting clinical experience, became an EMT, held a second job (besides my full-time job and volunteer and full-time school, and TA'ing!!!!) as a medical receptionist in order to observe more the dynamic between patients and doctors and doctors and doctors, and also learn about the joys of private practice. I was lucky the doctor I was working with took me under his wing and sometimes explained to me test results, his reasoning behind requesting specific ones, and other physio-path logic, I ATE IT UP, and will be forever greatful. I also did smaller volnteerings here and there: ER, helping sexual assault victims etc..
After all that I decided that my 3rd attempt for medical school WILL be my last attempt...and I applied EVERYWHERE!!!! Canada, US, Ireland, Caribbean, and debating to apply for Poland....I am very passionate about doing this, and I cannot imagine myself doing anything else. How do I know you ask?.
Well.....to pay my bills I have worked in many different settings: academic, government, police, career counseling, research, financial counseling....I have never been happier then when I went to work at the medical clinic, or when I was on shift on the ambulance etc....all the other fields are just not for me, have no passion for them, I find them dry and non-challenging.....just wouldn't be able to live like that and be happy..
Ok I'll stop here before the moderators decide this post is too long and boring 😛Wish me luck guys for the next 2 weeks, and pray that I will not break down in tears in front of my interviewer!!!
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo
-------------------------------------------------------------------
GOD has given me a break!!!!
Don't bite the hand that feeds you!