• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Taenia

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
So, I'm curious as to the number of applicants who were admitted or offered interviews from an out of state school but recevied no love from their in-state school. Just to see how many of us beat the odds, so to speak. I was accepted to CSU and Penn this round, but not to Texas (my in-state). Anyone else?

ratbandit

10+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I've been invited to three interviews (VA-MD, Missouri, and Glasgow) and one offer (from Edinburgh) and still have not heard anything from Penn (my in state)!

About the Ads

Taenia

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
I didn't even get an interview invite for Texas, so I found out I was rejected in December. Oh well, their loss!

River5

KSU CVM class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2007
MD
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I have interviewed at MSU, Western, and KSU and am currently wait-listed at KSU but was rejected without an interview from my state school (VA-MD).

sundoggie

UPenn Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I got in to UPenn and Cornell, but I was wait-listed for an interview at Tufts. I am a Mass resident. I have gotten an interview since, but not sure about the final result yet. So, I guess this out-of-state thing is not always 100% accurate...

silverelf

Tufts Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
in complete honesty, i think they pick 50 out of the stack (randomly of course) throw them up in the air, and whoever lands on the bullseye gets an interview.

mistifical

VMRCVM 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2007
MD/VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I have interviewed at MSU, Western, and KSU and am currently wait-listed at KSU but was rejected without an interview from my state school (VA-MD).

Thats interesting... I know somebody (MD resident) who interviewed at VA-MD, but has yet to hear from KSU. Funny how this whole process works. Not to mention annoying.

soxbox

CSU PVM Class of '11
10+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2007
Colorado
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
just wanted to throw in my 2 cents...

accepted to csu and interviewed last week at uc davis...

waitlisted at tufts... my in state... what i had considered my "safe" school :) and i almost didnt apply to csu or davis because i was like, they accept 2% or less of out of staters... why waste my $$ ... good thing i felt like spending some money the day i sent in the vmcas :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.