More problems with Columbia app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grunermann

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, their online service is truncating my essay when I view the file in .pdf, but everything is there when I look over the essay on the web. Will the adcom see my full essay?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, the adcom will only see what appear on the .pdf file. I know it's a pain in the ass, but you'll have to edit your essay on the web until you like how it looks in acrobat. (I went through the same crap last year. I'm now going to Columbia.)

I am getting insane formatting when trying to upload additional information from Microsoft Works. How can I correct this? I've tried not using tabs and only using tabs. Should I just retype all of my "extra" courses on the additional page of the application? Is there ANY way around this?

GL

There is no way around having to type all your "extra" coursework on the last page. The upside to this application is that there is no space limitation. You can add anything you want to that application on the last page. I appended my personal statement, additional coursework, and additional info on extracurriculars. I agree that the formatting problem is a drag.