More than one MCAT score...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone which schools consider the most recent/the best score in each section/or all scores when making their decision? I know that GWU takes the best score from each section, and Jefferson averages the MCATs. I couldn't find information for other schools though.

Members don't see this ad.

tufts take the best from each section, I believe

the MSAR does not have anything about tufts taking the best of each section... the only one i have found so far is GW.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard a rumor that the UC's also take the best score. I don't know that is true.

If Jefferson averages and you completely bomb the MCAT (you shouldn't have taken it) and you do well the next time, does that great "upward" spike help you out if the average is bad?

University of Utah takes your best in each section.

If Jefferson averages and you completely bomb the MCAT (you shouldn't have taken it) and you do well the next time, does that great "upward" spike help you out if the average is bad?

I sure hope so...or I'll be getting a rejection letter from them any day now...

I sure hope so...or I'll be getting a rejection letter from them any day now...

I e-mailied them and asked but I only got the answer of we average the scores. This scares me because I'm writing Sept 8th, and if I don't do well I'm writing again probably in April (I'm a junior this coming semester). However, I definitely plan on applying to JMC and will go there if accepted but this news worries me a bit. That being said, does anyone know if you postpone the MCAT can you still cancel your exam and get the $110 back?

I e-mailied them and asked but I only got the answer of we average the scores. This scares me because I'm writing Sept 8th, and if I don't do well I'm writing again probably in April (I'm a junior this coming semester). However, I definitely plan on applying to JMC and will go there if accepted but this news worries me a bit. That being said, does anyone know if you postpone the MCAT can you still cancel your exam and get the $110 back?
it costs 50 bucks i think to postpone, and yes, you get 110 bucks back if you decide to not sit for the exam

just my two cents, don't take it just for kicks, or even if you think you are sorta prepared, only take it once you know you have studied as much as you can, just bombing it once (say sub 25) can completely screw you over