Morehouse Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sakmak

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if someone can provide me with general information on Morehouse concerning...
  1. How the curriculum is set up (Is it system based or not?)
  2. if there are good research opportunities at Morehouse
  3. what kind of student activites are there at Morehouse (for a class size of only ~56 students, how many student organizations can there be?)
  4. I know that Morehouse is really big on primary care and stresses serving the underserved populations. What exactly does Morehouse do differently, if anything, than other medical schools to emphasize those two things?
  5. Finally, does this mean that very few students go into a residency other than a primary care residency?
Thanks and sorry for the long list of questions. I'm having a tough time deciding between this school and another medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I was wondering if someone can provide me with general information on Morehouse concerning...
  3. what kind of student activites are there at Morehouse (for a class size of only ~56 students, how many student organizations can there be?)
  4. I know that Morehouse is really big on primary care and stresses serving the underserved populations. What exactly does Morehouse do differently, if anything, than other medical schools to emphasize those two things?
  5. Finally, does this mean that very few students go into a residency other than a primary care residency?
Thanks and sorry for the long list of questions. I'm having a tough time deciding between this school and another medical school.

Bump! Can anyone answer these questions, especially the bolded ones? I haven't had much luck on the Morehouse website, and I tried calling the school but I keep getting turned around in circles and no one has returned my calls. Thanks!

Bump! Can anyone answer these questions, especially the bolded ones? I haven't had much luck on the Morehouse website, and I tried calling the school but I keep getting turned around in circles and no one has returned my calls. Thanks!

Morehouse keeps the same number of students in the state as Emory, Mercer, and MCG. It's kinda funny that Mercer, MCG, and Morehouse have mission statements of "serving Georgia", when they have the same track record as Emory.

56 students isn't that small of a class size. Mercer has 30 in Savannah, 60 in Macon.... While MCG will have 40 in Athens next year.

Hey,

No, the reason Morehouse emphasizes underserved and primary care is because not many students are willing to graduate and match into primary care and serve inner city or rural areas. They want students that have a focus on these areas but they do match into all kinds of residencies. They are reputable and if you preform well you can match into anything you please.