Mormon Predents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know how u guys do it but God bless Starbucks. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Where do all of you mormon predents plan on going to D school?

(Besides wherever they accept you):laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dddsmack...you tell us 1st and then we'll tell you

Nova, suann let the secret out.:)

where else have you interviewed?

That's a true statement. However, my whole family are native Arizonans and for some reason we say "pop." :rolleyes:

I still haven't got over the culture shock I experienced when moving from Phoenix to Cali and the kids were saying "pop" all of the sudden. I am sure it is the reason I drink too much.

utah really needs to get there own dental school.... i am sick and tired of all of you coming to ohio and pa... what are you guys trying to get back to your mormon roots in kirtland..... remember you were run outta there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

also do you guys understand your NOT wanted here??? we got enough students both instate and neighboring to worry about..we dont need you!!!

Please take your mormon bashing elsewhere.

Yes Suanne Zarrett tells secrets these days!

utah really needs to get there own dental school.... i am sick and tired of all of you coming to ohio and pa... what are you guys trying to get back to your mormon roots in kirtland..... remember you were run outta there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

also do you guys understand your NOT wanted here??? we got enough students both instate and neighboring to worry about..we dont need you!!!

Wow...

Members don't see this ad :)
Say.. what do you guys know about Kolob?

All I know is that if you could hie to Kolob in the twinkling of an eye, and then continue onward with that same speed to fly - do you think that you could ever, through all eternity, find out the generation where Gods began to be?

Nice, that is my favorite hymn. it is so settling. :laugh:

this is getting wierd...

So for all of these mormons...how many kids do you think you will have while at dental school? Will your wives work?

I don't want to hear the word "mormon" ever again. Let em go to dental school. Maybe someday some'll decide to go to med school and they'll hang out in the pre-allo forum.

On dental school pref. It will probably be UNLV for the in state tution (which is expensive)

back east picks would be Louisville, Nova, UNC

on pre-reqs I thought my classes at BYU were much harder than state school here in Nevada. and i get a TON more in scholarships and grant $$$

Pacific all the way! My number two would be Case followed by UNLV.

As far as kids go, my wife and I are planning on spacing them out every two or three years so we may have one or two more kids through dental school.

I guess i can be considered an Honorary Mormon...but we got alot of Mormon brothers here at Michigan!!

We have one kid now (3 weeks old) and I'll bet we leave dental school with two more (one at least). Check my predents profile if you want to know where I applied. I really want to go to Louisville or UK, that's where I served my mission.

Your stats aren't bad, you will get in. I am jealous about louisville.

Adorable child. Good Luck.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

There's nothing to be jealous of, I haven't gotten an interview invite yet. I really hope they give me a chance though. Louisville is awesome and so is Lexington.

Agreed. Very weird.

Just like the M's!

What do you guys know about the Rosetta Stone in context of Harvard, the Smithsonian and Oxford's research on hieroglyphics?

When did you mish in Louisville? My friend went there and loved it and talked me into applying there though I havent gotten much love. He was there from 2002-2004.

MORMON BASHING IS PATHETIC....I DIDN'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT MORMONS BEFORE MY INTERVIEWS BUT I FOUND THEM TO BE THE NICEST PEOPLE. MORMON GUYS ARE SUCH GENTLEMAN TOO!!! :)

Please keep your prejudices out of SDN's forums. Thanks.

I had a bro in the mish at that time. His name was Kidder. any recognition?

Louisville hasn't recognized any of my friends either. There is one person I know with an interview there. He is sub par compared to us. (Not trying to be cocky, but he is not a strong applicant) I think Louisville seriously looks at kids who will go there no matter what.

Poor Betty Butterfield. She seems unhappy.

dddsmack - have you called louisville to check on the status of your app.?

Yep, they said it is in friggin review.
I kind of got personal with her. (I have nothing to lose at this point.) I said that I was extremely interested and wondered what else they were looking for. (don't get me wrong, I did nothing to hurt my status) Secretary said that my DAT was great and my GPA was great. She had no explanation. I think they are waiting for me to withdraw my app for another school.

Yep, they said it is in friggin review.
I kind of got personal with her. (I have nothing to lose at this point.) I said that I was extremely interested and wondered what else they were looking for. (don't get me wrong, I did nothing to hurt my status) Secretary said that my DAT was great and my GPA was great. She had no explanation. I think they are waiting for me to withdraw my app for another school.

that sucks. i would be pissed too. :(

I am hoping to go to Temple. Cross your fingers.

Here's something that I heard from my brother who is a 2nd year dental student: He said that Louisville had over 300 applicants from BYU alone and that they do not want to have a class full of mormons so they have a hard decision to make.

Here's something that I heard from my brother who is a 2nd year dental student: He said that Louisville had over 300 applicants from BYU alone and that they do not want to have a class full of mormons so they have a hard decision to make.

And people wonder why the dental market is way oversaturated in Utah....

And they will take like 5-10 max right? So now all you non-Utah predents can understand why Utah predents always say apply no later than June and be 20+ in all sections to be competitive. I have taken heat for saying that in the past. The competition here is crazy. You have no idea. Like I said a while back, I have many, many friends that have 18 & 3.6 and aren't getting any interviews at all. Oh well, just ranting.

I wouldn't want to have a class full of mormons either. In fact I want to go where there is a strong LDS community, but not feel like I am at BYU in dental school. That is why I didn't go to BYU. I think 30 mormons in a class of 100 is way too much for me.

The sad part is that anywhere I go there will be tons of "carl cougars" and "peter preisthood's" there. I guess I just need to get over it. Anyway thanks for listening SDNers.

Is there seriously 300 dental applicants from BYU?!! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. We have like 15 tops at my school.

I'm a BYU predent and I would like to go to either Louisville of USC. My only interview invite as of now is Indiana so my fingers are still crossed!!!

You're kidding! there are like 30 mormons in class alone!! Also, you guys seem to be blessed with great handskills..Damn! I wish I was a mormon

You're kidding! there are like 30 mormons in class alone!! Also, you guys seem to be blessed with great handskills..Damn! I wish I was a mormon

Aaaaand here comes the proselytizing. ;)

Ah man, just get on gone with this stuff. Go troll on Yahoo if you want to argue with folks.

No trolling. I just find it extremely interesting that every single major research institution and university was unable to interpret anything more than the most basic Egyptian hieroglyphics until about 30 years after 1830.

Is there seriously 300 dental applicants from BYU?!! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. We have like 15 tops at my school.

BYU is the largest feeder school in the US. Yes, 300 applicacnts. That is why we apply to 20 friggin schools, to increase our chances.:)

No trolling. I just find it extremely interesting that every single major research institution and university was unable to interpret anything more than the most basic Egyptian hieroglyphics until about 30 years after 1830.

Your post shows that you are uninformed about both Mormon claims and arguments critical of the Mormon church. Smith didn't claim to translate Egyptian heiroglyphics with an education - he claimed to perform his translations by the power of God. Whether Egyptian was translatable at the time or not is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.