Mortgage for new resident in TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DarkLordofSith

The Diet Coke of Evil
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting a residency in Texas this July and was wondering what the best way to get a mortgage was. I really don't want to pay to move all my stuff to an apartment and then wait for a couple of pay stubs to verify income and then pay to move it again to a house. Not to mention the added stress of trying to find a house during intern year.

Is there a way to get a mortgage based on the residency contract that you sign? My credit score is in the 750s, I have no CC debt, paid off my car, and just sold my previous house and paid off the mortgage. I have approximately 40-45k to put towards closing/down payment. Any of you have any experiences with this? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Try Josh Mettle. He specializes in physician loans, and he frequently posts on White Coat Investor blog. I'm sure he'll be able to help you. This is his website:

http://utahphysicianhomeloans.com/

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

First--welcome to our glorious state. Enjoy the no state income tax--but beware property taxes.

I truly think our state is the best state in the Union and most people who come to Texas fall in love with it.

I will be starting a residency in Texas this July and was wondering what the best way to get a mortgage was. I really don't want to pay to move all my stuff to an apartment and then wait for a couple of pay stubs to verify income and then pay to move it again to a house. Not to mention the added stress of trying to find a house during intern year.

Is there a way to get a mortgage based on the residency contract that you sign? My credit score is in the 750s, I have no CC debt, paid off my car, and just sold my previous house and paid off the mortgage. I have approximately 40-45k to put towards closing/down payment. Any of you have any experiences with this? Thanks for your help!

Absolutely, most physician home loans will allow you to close between 30 and 90 days prior to starting your residency position. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Feel free to PM me or find my contact info on my profile on here. Thank you!

Josh Mettle