• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

tennreb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
How much is the bank willing to loan a resident on a typical resident's salary? The online mortgage calculators say only about $120k, which won't buy you a shack anywhere near most medical centers. I've heard that banks throw money at future doctors. Anyone here get a mortgage?

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Wild west of Mistytown
Status (Visible)
Moving to the finance forum ...

And usually alot will depend on your credit. The better it is the more you can get. But don't go by the mortgage calculators because you can usually get alot more for it. I know on about $42K you should be able to get a loan for at least $150K or so. If you don't do a doctors loan sometimes you can get more ... but mortgages are a tricky thing since it depends on credit, assets, and location.

Dr.Dicky

Original P-I-M-P
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2002
St. Augustine, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
All the places I talked to said 250 with good-great credit, based on my residents salary alone.

About the Ads

acrunchyfrog

In memory of Riley
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2006
Yakima, WA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
How much is the bank willing to loan a resident on a typical resident's salary? The online mortgage calculators say only about $120k, which won't buy you a shack anywhere near most medical centers. I've heard that banks throw money at future doctors. Anyone here get a mortgage?

Yes, they do. Because they know you have a statistical likelyhood of making a huge amount of money to give them.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.