Most amazing ER moment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beyond all hope

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tell us your story of your most amazing ER moment, whether it was saving a life, witnessing a death, or whatever. Give us stories to inspire and impress upon the new generation some of the moments that we live through every day.

Members don't see this ad.

thats a tough one. there are some hot nursing/support staff members out there...

I liked the one where Romano got crushed by the helocopter.

I thought the one where Carter and the med student got stabbed was pretty sad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by edinOH

Though that reply was sarcasm, I just had to add I finally saw Romano's death on ER and that was a pretty weak way to go. I hadn't watched the show for a while but it was a bit weak.

edinOH... I like where you took this one - Pretty funny

I was just glad to see Luca finally hook up with that nurse a few weeks ago (you know... the one with the kid).

I was referring to the real ER that many of us practice in. I was hoping to hear real life stories. I guess I have to be more specific.

Intertextuality is a b*tch.

Originally posted by beyond all hope
I was referring to the real ER that many of us practice in. I was hoping to hear real life stories. I guess I have to be more specific.

Intertextuality is a b*tch.
You can use the term "intertextuality" properly in conversation, but you don't recognize a sarcastic response? ;)

Originally posted by edinOH

BTW - Is this not the most deadly ED (excuse me, "ER") in the world? Let's see, 1 med student stabbed to death with a resident wounded, 1 sugical resident suicide, 1 med student OD (and one with cancer discovered in PE skills class), one attending dies of cancer, one PA contracts HIV, and one helicopter crash with all hands on-board and one ground death. Yikes! On the plus side, the program fills every year :laugh:

- H

...but there's only 3 residents and 4 attendings who work every shift with the same nursing staff. Oh and the medical students do 3-4 ER rotations a year.

Originally posted by aphistis
"intertextuality"

That reminds me - remember the episode with the transvestite who also played a doctor on Chicago Hope (the same season)? Oh wait - interTEXTtuality. Never mind - those big words confuse me.

P.S. Luka's new nurse chica is hot.

I've always liked how they can just run out of the department in the middle of a shift, just by yelling "cover me" over their shoulder to one of their fellow residents/attendings.

Perhaps I should try that one sometime.

I dramatically saved a life the other day, a typically amazing ER moment. A 94 yo F fell out in the waiting room and she was rushed back to the resus bay where I intubated, medicated, defibrillated (x3) and successfully resuscitated the woman. Just as we were all basking in the glow of the moment with the rhythmic sound of the vent and the monitor showing strong, stable vital signs the clerk walked in and dramatically handed me the pt's DNR which had been faxed from her nursing home. I spent the next 10 minutes apologizing to the pt's PMD.

Originally posted by docB
I dramatically saved a life the other day, a typically amazing ER moment. A 94 yo F fell out in the waiting room and she was rushed back to the resus bay where I intubated, medicated, defibrillated (x3) and successfully resuscitated the woman. Just as we were all basking in the glow of the moment with the rhythmic sound of the vent and the monitor showing strong, stable vital signs the clerk walked in and dramatically handed me the pt's DNR which had been faxed from her nursing home. I spent the next 10 minutes apologizing to the pt's PMD.

You had nothing to apologize for. His doc should have recommended this method...

http://www.defrance.org/artman/publish/article_664.shtml