-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Most annoying requests you get from customers?
Started by doctorOP
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Refill requests for ED scripts
Specific generic manufacturer of anything (99.9% of the time it's a manifestation of hypochondriasis)
Early refills of controlled substances
Thinking I actually give a **** about your business
Not in any particular order
Specific generic manufacturer of anything (99.9% of the time it's a manifestation of hypochondriasis)
Early refills of controlled substances
Thinking I actually give a **** about your business
Not in any particular order
OTC consults on the majority of cough/cold products drive me crazy. I just want to put up a sign that says NONE OF THIS WORKS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Customer - I need this prescription ready now.
Me - We're gonna need 30 minutes to get this filled ma'am/sir.
Customer - Why is it going to take that long? All you have to do is count pills and slap a label on the bottle.
Me - We're gonna need 30 minutes to get this filled ma'am/sir.
Customer - Why is it going to take that long? All you have to do is count pills and slap a label on the bottle.
Blaming everything that goes wrong on the pharmacy while loyally defending the physician.
Example: physician calls in the wrong product, patient pays for it. Patient later comes back and asks the pharmacy for a refund because we "should have known what the doctor meant"
Example: physician calls in the wrong product, patient pays for it. Patient later comes back and asks the pharmacy for a refund because we "should have known what the doctor meant"
I'll second that specific drug MFR...even seen some physicians write Rxs with DAW-1 TEVA
Patients who only want sealed MFR vials...this is the biggest waste ever as half the time, the person at production will not see this note prompt on the profile & most often is a rarely dispensed BRAND. Then conversely, those who orange vials only...I can not change stability properties for dabigatran, linactlotide, azilsartan, etc. (I'm not an alchemist).
Patients who only want sealed MFR vials...this is the biggest waste ever as half the time, the person at production will not see this note prompt on the profile & most often is a rarely dispensed BRAND. Then conversely, those who orange vials only...I can not change stability properties for dabigatran, linactlotide, azilsartan, etc. (I'm not an alchemist).
Walk them to the register, grab a random bottle of aspirin and tell them the cost is $5,000. When they balk at the price tell them they can get the right drug billed to their insurance with an appropriate DUR performed, but that's what takes 30 minutes.Customer - I need this prescription ready now.
Me - We're gonna need 30 minutes to get this filled ma'am/sir.
Customer - Why is it going to take that long? All you have to do is count pills and slap a label on the bottle.
I was floating at a new location last week, and this dude asked me to re-count his Oxy in front of him, to make sure we hadn't shorted him. We had kept him waiting for about an hour (it was a challenge store, and we were short a man), and I just wanted to get this guy out, so I obliged, but still kinda weird...
My favorite is when you're by yourself in a busy Wags and of course one hussy after another comes thru the drive thru for their BC with the obligatory coupon requiring a SDL alternating with the boyfriends desperate for PlanB. And this is with a 50 yo on your six at the counter jumping up and down ala rumplebumpleforeskin with a likewise SDL coupon for his boner pills. The jerk is oblivious to the crying infant and mom patiently waiting for me to reconstitute the ceftin. No, his penis must come front and center before all else. Damn the childruns. Oh what can you say. It is what it is, life in the nekkid city.
MILFs asking for your personal phone number.
1. Blatant lies in an attempt to get CIIs 4+ days early
2. "My insurance doesn't cover [insert brand name drug]?! You idiot! But I got it before! Get it covered NOW! I have errands to do!!"
2. "My insurance doesn't cover [insert brand name drug]?! You idiot! But I got it before! Get it covered NOW! I have errands to do!!"
People request TeVa Generic? in what meds?I'll second that specific drug MFR...even seen some physicians write Rxs with DAW-1 TEVA
Patients who only want sealed MFR vials...this is the biggest waste ever as half the time, the person at production will not see this note prompt on the profile & most often is a rarely dispensed BRAND. Then conversely, those who orange vials only...I can not change stability properties for dabigatran, linactlotide, azilsartan, etc. (I'm not an alchemist).
I look at state board complaints. lots of one's with techs diverting controlled subsI was floating at a new location last week, and this dude asked me to re-count his Oxy in front of him, to make sure we hadn't shorted him. We had kept him waiting for about an hour (it was a challenge store, and we were short a man), and I just wanted to get this guy out, so I obliged, but still kinda weird...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not wish to put that thought into your head...but certain "psych" meds...lolPeople request TeVa Generic? in what meds?
wait ...why ? do you not like your job ?OTC consults on the majority of cough/cold products drive me crazy. I just want to put up a sign that says NONE OF THIS WORKS.
wtf...I would have told him to take it or leave it... you have no obligation to do that especially if your are really busyI was floating at a new location last week, and this dude asked me to re-count his Oxy in front of him, to make sure we hadn't shorted him. We had kept him waiting for about an hour (it was a challenge store, and we were short a man), and I just wanted to get this guy out, so I obliged, but still kinda weird...
My patients say TeVa stinks for stimsI do not wish to put that thought into your head...but certain "psych" meds...lol
what's ED scripts?Refill requests for ED scripts
Specific generic manufacturer of anything (99.9% of the time it's a manifestation of hypochondriasis)
Early refills of controlled substances
Thinking I actually give a **** about your business
Not in any particular order
ER scriptswhat's ED scripts?
ED = Emergency D _ _ _ ?ER scripts
Last edited:
You tell meED = Emergency D _ _ _ _ ?
Department ?You tell me
What annoys me the most is when people don't have their insurance information or have a bunch of old insurance cards and expect me to pull their info out of my ass. Then they demand that I call their insurance. So I call their insurance and then they still end up complaining about the price/wait time.
Also the people who demand I call their doctor for a new prescription that we never received and tell me how they watched the doctor send it.
These situations waste a significant amount of time and still usually result in an angry customer even after you resolve THEIR problem. It's YOUR doctor and YOUR insurance. Both are completely out of my control and when I resolve it for you it's a courtesy, not a requirement. Then of course you have the people who want to know why their co-pay went up 25 cents, the old guy who never calls anything in and every single month complains because nothing is filled, etc
I guess these aren't all customer requests but are the things that piss me off. It's not just pharmacy though, any job involving customer service is going to suck because the general public is largely irresponsible, entitled, and not all that smart.
Also the people who demand I call their doctor for a new prescription that we never received and tell me how they watched the doctor send it.
These situations waste a significant amount of time and still usually result in an angry customer even after you resolve THEIR problem. It's YOUR doctor and YOUR insurance. Both are completely out of my control and when I resolve it for you it's a courtesy, not a requirement. Then of course you have the people who want to know why their co-pay went up 25 cents, the old guy who never calls anything in and every single month complains because nothing is filled, etc
I guess these aren't all customer requests but are the things that piss me off. It's not just pharmacy though, any job involving customer service is going to suck because the general public is largely irresponsible, entitled, and not all that smart.
I guess these aren't all customer requests but are the things that piss me off. It's not just pharmacy though, any job involving customer service is going to suck because the general public is largely irresponsible, entitled, and not all that smart.
The general public is way too spoiled. "customers are always right" is such a stupid rule.
Sometimes I read yelp reviews on stores that i float to and the comments people leave are ridiculously.
"the staff here are so lazy, takes them 30 minutes to fill my prescriptions!"
"I can run this pharmacy better than the manager"
"i asked them what prescriptions are ready for me and instead of giving me a simple answer he asked for my address"
"told me they cant fill my prescription because there's no date on there, what a bunch of idiots"
That's still too generous...
Their parents are cousins.
And another thing I don't really understand... how can people in their 50's and 60's not afford a 20 dollar copay? What have they been doing their entire life? I know people who were freaking elementary school teachers who retired millionaires just by saving 15% of their paycheck. We need to replace art history and world cinema class with Dave Ramsey.
Last edited:
TI know people who were freaking elementary school teachers who retired millionaires just by saving 15% of their paycheck.
15% x 30 years x 45k per year = 202,500. A far cry from being a millionaire. Or was this elementary school in Beverly Hills?
15% x 30 years x 45k per year = 202,500. A far cry from being a millionaire. Or was this elementary school in Beverly Hills?
No compounding interest?? Also who only works 30 years?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, fair enough but a millionaire? Come on. Get real. What would the interest rate have to be to make them a millionaire? Also I doubt many elementary teachers are making 45k average over their career, with the lowest salary applying to the starting salary thus reducing the effect of the compound interest.
I used the 401k calculator on bankrate.com to play with some numbers bc I was curious.
Contributing 15% of salary
Starting salary of $35000 at age 25
Work until 65
Average annual salary increase of 2%
6% annual rate of return
No employee match
Yields ~1.1 million. So it's reasonable/possible.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Contributing 15% of salary
Starting salary of $35000 at age 25
Work until 65
Average annual salary increase of 2%
6% annual rate of return
No employee match
Yields ~1.1 million. So it's reasonable/possible.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If it makes you feel any better, patients are the same way with us. Entitled. Blame us for their pharmacy copay, etcThe general public is way too spoiled. "customers are always right" is such a stupid rule.
Sometimes I read yelp reviews on stores that i float to and the comments people leave are ridiculously.
"the staff here are so lazy, takes them 30 minutes to fill my prescriptions!"
"I can run this pharmacy better than the manager"
"i asked them what prescriptions are ready for me and instead of giving me a simple answer he asked for my address"
"told me they cant fill my prescription because there's no date on there, what a bunch of idiots"
15% x 30 years x 45k per year = 202,500. A far cry from being a millionaire. Or was this elementary school in Beverly Hills?
Well you have compounding interest which would take you to the one million mark by itself as the other poster pointed out (and that's without a match) but in the case of the specific person that I was mentioning the spouse was also teaching.
It's sad, people work hard their whole life but have nothing to show for it due to poor personal finance. You can replace your phone, car, or house but not your health so why do people get the most upset about paying for healthcare? It's very frustrating
Last edited:
Patient: Can you call my insurance company and asked them why? (I paid $25.00 copay last month, this time the copay is $35.00)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 459
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K