most bizarre interview moment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of mine asked what my favorite online video game is. This caught me by so much surprise I sort of stared at her for a few seconds.

Iirc, you mentioned gaming in your app, right? If they asked me that out of the blue, they’d be disappointed lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Iirc, you mentioned gaming in your app, right? If they asked me that out of the blue, they’d be disappointed lol.

Haha yeah, I was just really surprised. She asked what I liked to do in my free time, and I expanded on what I wrote on my application for leisure activities. Then she asked what my favorite video game is.

School 1: "Your stats are way too good for this school. Do you even want to go here?" then later on, "why would a blonde white girl from ___ PA like yourself want to work in under-served areas?" honestly this guy completely turned me off from the school

School 2: one of mine spent 20 of the 30 minutes grilling me about why I wasn't in the honors college of my undergrad school and why I didn't go to a better undergrad (PS: i went to that school for undergrad...)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users