MJHUSKERS

10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
To the practicing therapist or anyone who has quite of bit of observation with PT's.... What are the most common injuries and malfunctions of the body that you see in patients?

l3orecl

Don't forget to bring a Towel.
7+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2010
Arizona
Status
Physical Therapist
In general what I say ......

1. Shoulder ailments (rotator cuff complex mostly)
2. Low back pain (bulging discs/posture problems)
3. Cervical spine (neck stiffness)
4. Knee (post surgery)

MinnDasota

10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2008
NYC
Status
DPT / OTD
Back pain (by far), tendinitis, patellofemoral pain syndrome, neck pain, strains, Post surgery knees/hips/feet/shoulders. Sorry to be vague.

Jul 16, 2009
Status
Rehab Sci Student
in outpatient ortho, i saw mostly shoulder, knee, hip, and lower back (along the lines of acute and chronic injury, pre/post-op). It felt like 30% of the patients I was seeing were shoulder patients.

MJHUSKERS

10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Thanks for you replies guys! Do you know of any specific repors describing the percentages of injuries PT's treat a year. Such as something like: "30% of pt's physical therapists see in a orthopedic setting are shoulder injuries". Are there any official reports out there with this kind of information?

May 4, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
I think this is a very broad question.. It really depends on the clinic and what they are known for treating the best... but if I had to choose I'd say Lower Back Pain, Knee Post-Op, and Shoulder injuries