Most Common Software for Independent pharmacies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrapePropel

pharmaCYST
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the most common software is at independent pharmacies for inventory management and dealing with sales and PBMs.

Also who are the biggest 'franchises' for independents? I have only heard of Healthmart so I'm guessing that is the largest one nation wide and therefore it would be best to learn their software if one wanted to work at a independant

Members don't see this ad.

Medicine Shoppe is the only one I'm (slightly) familiar with. I've never heard of Healthmart.

healthmart is good
you can choose any software you want

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering what the most common software is at independent pharmacies for inventory management and dealing with sales and PBMs.

Also who are the biggest 'franchises' for independents? I have only heard of Healthmart so I'm guessing that is the largest one nation wide and therefore it would be best to learn their software if one wanted to work at a independant
Pioneer and WinRx are the two most common ones.

By "franchises", you're thinking of what is basically purchasing groups under a given PSAO, which is usually dictated by your primary supplier, such as McKesson, ABC, Morris & Dickson, etc...

You'd be better off learning about how that works and you'll impress the **** out of any owner you interview with

Reactions: 1 users
Medicine Shoppe is the only one I'm (slightly) familiar with. I've never heard of Healthmart.

It is the only one i heard of and dominant? on the east coast
Pioneer and WinRx are the two most common ones.

By "franchises", you're thinking of what is basically purchasing groups under a given PSAO, which is usually dictated by your primary supplier, such as McKesson, ABC, Morris & Dickson, etc...

You'd be better off learning about how that works and you'll impress the **** out of any owner you interview with

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for. I guess purchasing groups like Health mart don't dictate what software you should use? It seemed like the independent I was at was always using some kinda McKesson software through a web browser to check prices and inventory?

A purchasing group and a franchise are two completely different things. Which one are you looking for?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for. I guess purchasing groups like Health mart don't dictate what software you should use? It seemed like the independent I was at was always using some kinda McKesson software through a web browser to check prices and inventory?

... It's a website.

You can go there right now.

Connect. McKesson. om

Reactions: 1 user
A purchasing group and a franchise are two completely different things. Which one are you looking for?
I think i meant a purchasing group as franchise seems like the incorrect word in the context of independent pharmacies.