most competitive programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dermapp10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
as someone who's gearing up to apply in the next cycle, i was wondering what the most competitive programs are. clearly, i know that this does not necessarily correspond with the "best" programs, rather am just trying to gauge my chances in general. thanks all.

Members don't see this ad.

your mom's house is probably the most prestigious program in the country. This is where I matched. I look forward to matriculating in July. please tell her that I require 700+ thread count linens, refuse all calls between 8pm and 10am, demand my own pony, will be allowed to throw huge derm bashes with psoriasis mixers and eczema socials. i want my own bowling alley like daniel day lewis in there will be blood. i hate ham, so keep it the heck out of the house. i love bacon, so keep the fridge well stocked with this porcine delicacy. i want every tuesday to be karaoke night, and we will alternate between guns n' roses, pat benatar, cyndi lauper and that band who had that song Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm in the early 1990s. I want nightly foot rubs from a Swedish guy who has strong hands and a tender heart. it would be good if we could take weekly trips to a nearby aquarium, because fish soothe me. I want to play red light/green light with the neighborhood kids and laugh and laugh in the streets until my belly hurts and dusk comes. i want to play hide and seek as the stars begin to dot the night sky. then mom will call "dinner's ready" from the kitchen window, and I will dart into the house to eat meatloaf and green beans.

this and more is all possible at your mom's house. if you are one of the lucky few to interview there, you'd be nuts not to rank it #1.

your mom's house is probably the most prestigious program in the country. This is where I matched. I look forward to matriculating in July. please tell her that I require 700+ thread count linens, refuse all calls between 8pm and 10am, demand my own pony, will be allowed to throw huge derm bashes with psoriasis mixers and eczema socials. i want my own bowling alley like daniel day lewis in there will be blood. i hate ham, so keep it the heck out of the house. i love bacon, so keep the fridge well stocked with this porcine delicacy. i want every tuesday to be karaoke night, and we will alternate between guns n' roses, pat benatar, cyndi lauper and that band who had that song Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm in the early 1990s. I want nightly foot rubs from a Swedish guy who has strong hands and a tender heart. it would be good if we could take weekly trips to a nearby aquarium, because fish soothe me. I want to play red light/green light with the neighborhood kids and laugh and laugh in the streets until my belly hurts and dusk comes. i want to play hide and seek as the stars begin to dot the night sky. then mom will call "dinner's ready" from the kitchen window, and I will dart into the house to eat meatloaf and green beans.

this and more is all possible at your mom's house. if you are one of the lucky few to interview there, you'd be nuts not to rank it #1.

You're hilarious. Where do you get this talent from? Do you do stand up comedy? Do you write fiction? Do you...???

The California programs (especially the UCs and Stanford) tend to be very competitive. Same thing for the NYC programs (especially NYU and Columbia). Penn and Harvard are also up there on this list. Places is undesirable locations (like say, Marshfield) tend to be less competitive, but "less competitive" is still very competitive in derm.