dmd2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
is this intrusion or molar distilization? It sounds stupid...but want to know general difficulty..Thanks!

kamini

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
dmd2006 said:
is this intrusion or molar distilization? It sounds stupid...but want to know general difficulty..Thanks!

molar distalization

akg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
Status
Dental Student
dmd2006 said:

i think intrusion is more difficult to acheive as it is a bodily movement , unlike molar distalization wherein it is a tipping movement

correct me if am wrong

kamini

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
akg said:
i think intrusion is more difficult to acheive as it is a bodily movement , unlike molar distalization wherein it is a tipping movement

correct me if am wrong
hi
i have done some ortho cases, i dont know much about theories,in molar distalization,there is tipping and then uprighting of that molar,as just tipping does not bodily move the tooth
except in severe cases of low gonial angle,where intrusion is not possible and difficult as well
in molar distalization,first step is tipping ,which also slightly supraerupts the tooth and then uprighting.the other way of distalizing is making mesial teeth as anchorage and the spring pushes the molar distally,even that is not v easy,so not routinely carried out
i have seen intrusions being done routinely , but not molar distalizations

another difficulty, is the eruption time and position of molar distal to the molar 2 b distalized
intrusion can almost b done at any age,but, comparatively ,not molar distalization............eruption times hav 2 b seen or 8 has 2 b extracted 2 make the space available
these are the clinical probs faced regarding distalization,do tell me if there is smthing else in theory

OP
D

dmd2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
What do you think about this?

Palatal expansion device does nots need a labial bow because
a)labial bow is not rigid enough
b)labial bow would limit expansion effect
c)labial bow is not functional in this case

akg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
Status
Dental Student
dmd2006 said:

i think the answer is C ..it has no function in this case.

akg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
Status
Dental Student
kamini said:
hi
i have done some ortho cases, i dont know much about theories,in molar distalization,there is tipping and then uprighting of that molar,as just tipping does not bodily move the tooth
except in severe cases of low gonial angle,where intrusion is not possible and difficult as well
in molar distalization,first step is tipping ,which also slightly supraerupts the tooth and then uprighting.the other way of distalizing is making mesial teeth as anchorage and the spring pushes the molar distally,even that is not v easy,so not routinely carried out
i have seen intrusions being done routinely , but not molar distalizations

another difficulty, is the eruption time and position of molar distal to the molar 2 b distalized
intrusion can almost b done at any age,but, comparatively ,not molar distalization............eruption times hav 2 b seen or 8 has 2 b extracted 2 make the space available
these are the clinical probs faced regarding distalization,do tell me if there is smthing else in theory

i think the answer is very conditional ..i'e the question should be asked very clearly and in relation to other factors or in a particular situation.

Not simply asking which is better ....your right hand or left hand.

hope we might get the complete question and then try answering it.

anyway thanks for the explanation.....

toothie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
Status
dmd2006 said: