Most efficient way to go through FA the first time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lothric

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently going through the entire FA book for the first time. I want to understand everything at a conceptual level (rather than memorizing), so you would think that the reading would go alot faster. But I'm only averaging around 2-2,5 pages/h.

Is it better if I set an absolute limit, say 3 pages/h, and if I happen to be below that I will just mark that page and continue with the other batch of 3 pages?

After this read I'll be taking down the first Q-bank (RX).

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm currently going through the entire FA book for the first time. I want to understand everything at a conceptual level (rather than memorizing), so you would think that the reading would go alot faster. But I'm only averaging around 2-2,5 pages/h.

Is it better if I set an absolute limit, say 3 pages/h, and if I happen to be below that I will just mark that page and continue with the other batch of 3 pages?

After this read I'll be taking down the first Q-bank (RX).

Tbh buddy imo the best way to do FA is to do your other reference books (like Robbins for patho and stuff) and then come back to FA and use it as a checklist. For example, if I do lymphomas from Robbins, and then I go back to FA to see what facts about lymphoma I did in Robbins are must-to-knows, and then the rest of the detail I keep if I have mental space. This, again imo and for me, builds the best concepts and also makes sure I don't do unnecessary detail. FA does have loads of high-yields, but there are very little explanations because it's about 2.5 inches thick and has like six subjects in it. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
I second that, I think FA is a good "syllabus" to use side by side with actual textbooks

I think using the Rx qbank is the best way to "read" first aid

Reactions: 1 user