Most ethical man I've ever met

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
The Man: Semi-retired natural resources industrialist who sits on the Board of a mid-size regional health system and drives over two hours to see me for his injection...

Me: Why don't you have this done down there in (fill-in-blank)?

The Man: I did. You know I sit on the Board of (fill-in-blank regional health system).

Me: I know.

The Man: I had the same procedure done by Dr. So-an-so in their HOPD and the bill was three times what you charge.

The Man: I showed it to our CEO and he just shrugged his shoulders. Didn't really say anything.

The Man: It's not my money, but I can't stand the thought of all that money being wasted...bloated, inefficient bureaucracy. We're supposed to be saving money in health care, but you can't do that when the cards are so stacked against you.

The Man: I can't let myself be a party to that kind of stuff. I'd rather just drive here and get it done.

Me: Stunned Silence.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
driving over 4 hours instead of 15 minutes is environmentally incorrect. ethics can be tricky.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you let your patients drive themselves home after an injection?

Environmentally you would be better off helping China and southern Asia and shipping companies to reduce their emissions than bringing it up here. Al Gore doesnt really care.