Most famous admissions person

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunMimi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

RunMimi said:
Who is the most memorable/talked about admissions person?

My vote is for Erica Black of Emory or perhaps the Georgetown lady that makes you sit in the fishbowl forever.

i agree that erica is very memorable. she's just so full of energy; how could you forget her!

I thought Erica was annoying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gaye Sheffler of UPenn has a very quick, sassy, city-gal manner about her. You got the sense like she tells you like it is. I vote Gaye.

I vote for Grace Hershman at Jefferson.

I heart Gaye Sheffler.

But, I also really liked Mrs. Sullivan from Georgetown - she's a pistol!

I thought Grace Hershman was great, too.

oh man. u guys haven't met Pamela Osbourne. She's at Louisville and I don't think I'll ever forget her.

ajt2003 said:
But, I also really liked Mrs. Sullivan from Georgetown - she's a pistol!

haha - good description! i also thought that she seemed pretty cool.

Scottish Chap said:
Jennifer Welch - SUNY Upstate - is wonderful.

Jennifer IS nice - everyone is nice at that school actually.

Dr. Amerish Bera at UC Davis is straight up da man!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Larry Keith at UNC-- :laugh: :laugh: :love:

Anyone who inerviewed at BU might agree that Witzberg has to be the most interesting admissions person you will ever meet. He definitely has an interesting personality, and very memorable. Real nice guy.

Stanford_Playah said:
I second.

Scottish Chap said:
Jennifer Welch - SUNY Upstate - is wonderful.
cheers to that! upstate has the best manners by far!
i also vote for Randee Alston from unc.

UCLAstudent said:
I vote for Grace Hershman at Jefferson.

I also loved her..she was so sweet!!! Also I put a vote in for Dr. Callahan at Jeff, who gets the award for quickest email replies and returned phone calls. She also wrote "Congratulations, Lyn" on the back of my acceptance card, which made me feel warm and fuzzy inside :D

seethrew said:
i also vote for Randee Alston from unc.

i :love: randee...she told us all about the school and how to meet the perfect man

I'd say the mysterious Cassandra Sooter of Stanford--the most vague responses EVER when you inquire about application status.

As for the nicest, I'd go for Ellen Rosenblum at Case.

Grace Hershman and Clara Callahan @ Jefferson were really nice.

FaytlND said:
Anyone who inerviewed at BU might agree that Witzberg has to be the most interesting admissions person you will ever meet. He definitely has an interesting personality, and very memorable. Real nice guy.

Witzberg is unbelievably eloquent also. Strangely interesting too.

FaytlND said:

Yeah, he had quite a personality and was very nice. And I don't know why but he kind of reminded me of Balky from Perfect Strangers! Is that weird? :laugh:

Lynda DuPay at UAMS. Also Monique and Dr Quinn at USC.

CanuckRazorback said:

I don't know Monique, but anyone who goes only by a first name sounds pretty darn interesting. Think Madonna.

First vote definitely goes to Erica Black. Emory was my first interview, and she set the bar. Gaye Sheffler (Penn), Robert Ruiz (Michigan), and Richard Silverman (Yale) were also really nice and made it a point to mingle and talk with us lowly interviewees :)

GuyLaroche said:
I don't know Monique, but anyone who goes only by a first name sounds pretty darn interesting. Think Madonna.

:laugh: I wish I knew her last name. She was the nicest!

bidster said:
First vote definitely goes to Erica Black. Emory was my first interview, and she set the bar. Gaye Sheffler (Penn), Robert Ruiz (Michigan), and Richard Silverman (Yale) were also really nice and made it a point to mingle and talk with us lowly interviewees :)

I love Sheffler. She was so cool.
I liked Silverman, but wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual.

GuyLaroche said:
I love Sheffler. She was so cool.
I liked Silverman, but wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual.

I wondered the same thing after he read from his applicant notes.... :laugh: but I appreciated the effort he took to make the notes and to hang around answering questions.

Dr. Frantz at Columbia also seems to be an admissions legend from reading past posts, but only a few people in my interview group got to meet him (because he was their interviewer).

canttouchthis said:
A third for Dr. Bera.

A fourth for Dr. Bera...

CanuckRazorback said:

was monique the on that was hot as cr@p?

You guys have nothing on this. Jane from Mayo by far is the most kind, warm, and coolest person by far that I've met in this process. She really sheds good vibes for Mayo, and I almost feel like I like Mayo just because of her.

bidster said:
I wondered the same thing after he read from his applicant notes.... :laugh: but I appreciated the effort he took to make the notes and to hang around answering questions.

Dr. Frantz at Columbia also seems to be an admissions legend from reading past posts, but only a few people in my interview group got to meet him (because he was their interviewer).

I didn't get to meet Frantz but my impression of Columbia has been so largely negative and was reflected in my disposition that I fear a rejection is on its way.

Stanford_Playah said:

Oh, definately!! And Gayle at UCI has the greatest stories about interviews gone wrong... She's a riot!

i77ac said:
You guys have nothing on this. Jane from Mayo by far is the most kind, warm, and coolest person by far that I've met in this process. She really sheds good vibes for Mayo, and I almost feel like I like Mayo just because of her.

I second the vote for Jane from Mayo. I fell in love with the school and she had a huge part to play in that. unfortunatley, I'm left loving it from a distance on the waitlist :( But the fact that I still have such fond memories of her and the school speaks volumes.

aurevoirLA said:
Oh, definately!! And Gayle at UCI has the greatest stories about interviews gone wrong... She's a riot!
I absolutely loved her. She recommended SDN as a must for pre-med prep!
Also med students are very fond of her.

i77ac said:

I "third" this choice, but must add Barbara Porter and Patricia Barrier as well. Throughout the interviewing day, they expressed a genuine interest and maternalisitc compassion for all of the interviewees. And as i77ac suggested, it just does not get better than this :D ...

Elaine, from Seinfeld, (julia louise-dreyfus) is the daughter of an adcom member somewhere...read it on SDN, must be true

NOT TRUE, her father is actually a billionaire investor involved in venture capital. There were rumors her father was behind the "Dreyfus Fund" but he isn't. He is ridiculously wealthy and she was loaded long before ever getting into acting. Can you say Trust Fund Baby?