-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Most famous admissions person
Started by RunMimi
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
RunMimi said:Who is the most memorable/talked about admissions person?
My vote is for Erica Black of Emory or perhaps the Georgetown lady that makes you sit in the fishbowl forever.
i agree that erica is very memorable. she's just so full of energy; how could you forget her!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gaye Sheffler of UPenn has a very quick, sassy, city-gal manner about her. You got the sense like she tells you like it is. I vote Gaye.
I vote for Grace Hershman at Jefferson.
don't know that he is the most famous but mr. larkin at usf is by far the nicest admissions person I have met.
I thought Grace Hershman was great, too.
ajt2003 said:But, I also really liked Mrs. Sullivan from Georgetown - she's a pistol!
haha - good description! i also thought that she seemed pretty cool.
Jennifer Welch - SUNY Upstate - is wonderful.
Scottish Chap said:Jennifer Welch - SUNY Upstate - is wonderful.
Jennifer IS nice - everyone is nice at that school actually.
Dr. Amerish Bera at UC Davis is straight up da man!!
Anyone who inerviewed at BU might agree that Witzberg has to be the most interesting admissions person you will ever meet. He definitely has an interesting personality, and very memorable. Real nice guy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second.Stanford_Playah said:Dr. Amerish Bera at UC Davis is straight up da man!!
cheers to that! upstate has the best manners by far!Scottish Chap said:Jennifer Welch - SUNY Upstate - is wonderful.
i also vote for Randee Alston from unc.
UCLAstudent said:I vote for Grace Hershman at Jefferson.
I also loved her..she was so sweet!!! Also I put a vote in for Dr. Callahan at Jeff, who gets the award for quickest email replies and returned phone calls. She also wrote "Congratulations, Lyn" on the back of my acceptance card, which made me feel warm and fuzzy inside 😀
seethrew said:i also vote for Randee Alston from unc.
i 😍 randee...she told us all about the school and how to meet the perfect man
Shaz said:I second.
A third for Dr. Bera.
I'd say the mysterious Cassandra Sooter of Stanford--the most vague responses EVER when you inquire about application status.
As for the nicest, I'd go for Ellen Rosenblum at Case.
As for the nicest, I'd go for Ellen Rosenblum at Case.
FaytlND said:Anyone who inerviewed at BU might agree that Witzberg has to be the most interesting admissions person you will ever meet. He definitely has an interesting personality, and very memorable. Real nice guy.
Witzberg is unbelievably eloquent also. Strangely interesting too.
FaytlND said:Anyone who inerviewed at BU might agree that Witzberg has to be the most interesting admissions person you will ever meet. He definitely has an interesting personality, and very memorable. Real nice guy.
Yeah, he had quite a personality and was very nice. And I don't know why but he kind of reminded me of Balky from Perfect Strangers! Is that weird?

Lynda DuPay at UAMS. Also Monique and Dr Quinn at USC.
CanuckRazorback said:Lynda DuPay at UAMS. Also Monique and Dr Quinn at USC.
I don't know Monique, but anyone who goes only by a first name sounds pretty darn interesting. Think Madonna.
First vote definitely goes to Erica Black. Emory was my first interview, and she set the bar. Gaye Sheffler (Penn), Robert Ruiz (Michigan), and Richard Silverman (Yale) were also really nice and made it a point to mingle and talk with us lowly interviewees 🙂
GuyLaroche said:I don't know Monique, but anyone who goes only by a first name sounds pretty darn interesting. Think Madonna.
I wish I knew her last name. She was the nicest!bidster said:First vote definitely goes to Erica Black. Emory was my first interview, and she set the bar. Gaye Sheffler (Penn), Robert Ruiz (Michigan), and Richard Silverman (Yale) were also really nice and made it a point to mingle and talk with us lowly interviewees 🙂
I love Sheffler. She was so cool.
I liked Silverman, but wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GuyLaroche said:I love Sheffler. She was so cool.
I liked Silverman, but wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual.
I wondered the same thing after he read from his applicant notes....
but I appreciated the effort he took to make the notes and to hang around answering questions. Dr. Frantz at Columbia also seems to be an admissions legend from reading past posts, but only a few people in my interview group got to meet him (because he was their interviewer).
canttouchthis said:A third for Dr. Bera.
A fourth for Dr. Bera...
CanuckRazorback said:Lynda DuPay at UAMS. Also Monique and Dr Quinn at USC.
was monique the on that was hot as cr@p?
bidster said:I wondered the same thing after he read from his applicant notes....but I appreciated the effort he took to make the notes and to hang around answering questions.
Dr. Frantz at Columbia also seems to be an admissions legend from reading past posts, but only a few people in my interview group got to meet him (because he was their interviewer).
I didn't get to meet Frantz but my impression of Columbia has been so largely negative and was reflected in my disposition that I fear a rejection is on its way.
Stanford_Playah said:Dr. Amerish Bera at UC Davis is straight up da man!!
Oh, definately!! And Gayle at UCI has the greatest stories about interviews gone wrong... She's a riot!
i77ac said:You guys have nothing on this. Jane from Mayo by far is the most kind, warm, and coolest person by far that I've met in this process. She really sheds good vibes for Mayo, and I almost feel like I like Mayo just because of her.
I second the vote for Jane from Mayo. I fell in love with the school and she had a huge part to play in that. unfortunatley, I'm left loving it from a distance on the waitlist 🙁 But the fact that I still have such fond memories of her and the school speaks volumes.
I absolutely loved her. She recommended SDN as a must for pre-med prep!aurevoirLA said:Oh, definately!! And Gayle at UCI has the greatest stories about interviews gone wrong... She's a riot!
Also med students are very fond of her.
i77ac said:You guys have nothing on this. Jane from Mayo by far is the most kind, warm, and coolest person by far that I've met in this process. She really sheds good vibes for Mayo, and I almost feel like I like Mayo just because of her.
I "third" this choice, but must add Barbara Porter and Patricia Barrier as well. Throughout the interviewing day, they expressed a genuine interest and maternalisitc compassion for all of the interviewees. And as i77ac suggested, it just does not get better than this 😀 ...
Rel Larkin from South Florida is certainly the most memorable for me. He's a fundamentalist Crhistian and a Navy vet. He's got gigantic eyes, yet is totally approachable.
NOT TRUE, her father is actually a billionaire investor involved in venture capital. There were rumors her father was behind the "Dreyfus Fund" but he isn't. He is ridiculously wealthy and she was loaded long before ever getting into acting. Can you say Trust Fund Baby?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 843
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 755