Most Over-rated medschool?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Legend

Super Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I vote for Harvard.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Legend,

I see you are getting a lot of work done before the big exam. By the way .... Harvard...I second that emotion. They didn't even place on the US News rankings for primary care.

Hey Radioflyer-- HMS is actualy 7th on this year's primary care list from US News. However, since I've been a student at Man's Greatest University (not the med school though), I can safely say that in my personal opinion, it is ineed overrated. I got a better education as an undergrad and found the teaching to be somewhat lacking. I wouldn't argue that the name takes you places, but I don't know if it is necessarily well deserved on all fronts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I concur...Harvard is most over-rated.

HArvard is the most over-rated schoool in everything!

undergrad, grad...blah blah blah...we are the first....

I'm sure the fact that some of the editors of the US News Poll who graduated from Hahvaad don't have any bias to their school :rolleyes:

I love your avatar Peter parker!

Oh please. Harvard bashing is just sooooo freshman year. :rolleyes:

True, Harvard tends not to coddle its students, it doesn't do much hand-holding or babying. It does, however, give you access to amazing resources, amazing people, professors who are at the top of their respective fields, an enormous number of opportunities and a great city. Sure, if you're used to someone treating you like a child and predigesting information for you, it's initially a bit difficult to find your own way. But if you're willing to extend yourself a bit, there's no place like it.

like it's hard!

:wink: Elle Woods

•••quote:•••Originally posted by puddin:
•I love your avatar Peter parker!•••••Thank you! I love it, too.

All top ten schools. Especially Harvard!!!!

heh. this one's easy. Stanford of course. see "second thoughts about stanford" thread.