Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Most Recent Mcat

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hatman, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Hatman

Anyone know where I can find a list of schools that accept the most recent MCAT rather than the average? All help is appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TheAmazingGOB

TheAmazingGOB It ain't easy bein' white

Medical Student
    I don't know if there is one. I looked for it last year when I applied and couldn't find it. I ended up emailing the schools I was interested in and asking if they took the average, the most recent, or the best score and then went from there. I guess you could start a thread and people who "know" could answer, but you will get more accurate info if you just email the schools.

4. tdd340

tdd340 Assistant to the sensei

Medical Student
    There was a thread about this last summer, it might take a little digging but it does exist.

5. Hatman

Yea, I tried looking for the thread before I started a new one but couldnt find it. If anyone does...please feel free to post....might as well ask if anyone knows anything about particular schools and simply take the most recent score anyway.

I had a rough last year which resulted in lower scores (death in the family). Still coping but prepping for the MCAT on May 16. Wish me luck guys. :scared:

6. EBI831

EBI831 legend in the making

Medical Student
    most schools look at most recent mcat or best mcat and not average. i know of like only one school that averages. needless to say they will see all your old scores if htey were rough and prob ask about it.

7. swim2006

swim2006 Member

Resident [Any Field]
    While this may take longer than just looking at a list, you can find all of that information on a school's website or in MSAR. Even schools that weigh the most recent MCAT score many times will look to at the previous one to see what kind of improvement has occurred.