General Admissions & OTCAS MOT Applications in VA/DC Area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureotmama

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Is there anyone else mainly trying to apply to Virginia/DC MOT programs for the 2020-2021 application cycle? I applied to Shenandoah (MOT), Trinity Washington, Radford, and Kean University (actually in New Jersey). Does anyone have info about any of these programs/have you heard back from any of these schools? I’m getting anxious about hearing back from these schools regarding interviews, etc!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to Shenandoah! I have an interview on Friday!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to Shenandoah (I have an interview on Monday 12/7), Radford (haven’t heard back from them) and JMU!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview for Shenandoah on Monday as well. They emailed me last week for me to reserve my spot

I heard back from Shenandoah and Radford as well. I have my Shenandoah interview this Thursday (12/3) and the Radford interview on Friday (12/4). I’m so nervous! Has anyone heard anything about interviewing at either of these schools? Any tips/tricks?! What’s everyone’s stats??

I applied to Shenandoah (I have an interview on Monday 12/7), Radford (haven’t heard back from them) and JMU!
Congratulations!! I have an interview on 12/3 for Shenandoah. I have one with Radford on 12/4 but they said they’re doing multiple rounds of interviews and the next ones aren’t until a few weeks from now, I believe!

Yay congrats guys! Can you guys share some tips for the interview please?

Yay congrats guys! Can you guys share some tips for the interview
They asked questions about leadership experience, preference of Master’s over Doctorate, work experience, shadowing experiences, and time management. Good luck! It wasn’t too tough of an interview and the Q&A session afterwards was very informative!

Hi y'all :) I also have an interview on Friday (tomorrow, I'm sooo nervous). I'm at Shenandoah for undergrad so if y'all have any questions about the area let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
They asked questions about leadership experience, preference of Master’s over Doctorate, work experience, shadowing experiences, and time management. Good luck! It wasn’t too tough of an interview and the Q&A session afterwards was very informative!
Oh I see thank you so much! I hope you hear good news! :)

Hi y'all :) I also have an interview on Friday (tomorrow, I'm sooo nervous). I'm at Shenandoah for undergrad so if y'all have any questions about the area let me know!
Hope it went well! Do you mind sharing your experience and the questions? I'm curious about the Q&A portion

I had an interview with Shenandoah on Thursday and it was so laid back and simple. Let me know if and when yall hear back! :)

Hope it went well! Do you mind sharing your experience and the questions? I'm curious about the Q&A portion
Hi! The Q&A session was just an opportunity to ask current students any questions. It was super informative and we got to learn a lot more about the program! Like @preotva said, my interview was conversational and more relaxed than I was expecting. My interviewer was super nice and sarcastic which helped my nerves hahaha. She didn't ask me any of the questions @futureotmama was asked; she asked me questions about how I would handle/apply different skills in different situations. Don't be afraid to show them your personality and good luck!

Hey! Have you heard anything back from Radford yet? Also when did you submit your application if you don’t mind me asking

Hello! Have you heard back from Radford yet and when did you submit your application if you don’t mind me asking?

I am currently a first year MOT student at radford and love it! Let me know if you have any questions!

Hello! Have you heard back from Radford yet and when did you submit your application if you don’t mind me asking?
I have not heard back from them yet. I submitted my app super early in mid august + turned in my transcript in early September but there was a problem and they didn't update my account until after the deadline :/. So I'm not sure if they threw out my application or not

My interviewer for Shenandoah just called me and told me I was accepted and that formal emails will be sent out in the next few weeks! Hope you all hear back soon and will be joining me :)

Reactions: 2 users
My interviewer for Shenandoah just called me and told me I was accepted and that formal emails will be sent out in the next few weeks! Hope you all hear back soon and will be joining me :)
Omg congrats!!!! 🎉

congrats!!!! who did you interview with? and was it for the MOT or OTD program?

I got a call as well! My interviewer was Dr. Sikes! I applied to the Masters program as well. She said I will get an official email in about a week. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
c
I got a call as well! My interviewer was Dr. Sikes! I applied to the Masters program as well. She said I will get an official email in about a week. Good luck everyone :)
congrats!! :)

I just got accepted to Shenandoah’s OTD program!

Reactions: 3 users
What date did you guys interview? Has anyone that interviewed Monday heard back? I had a different interviewer so I’m hoping to hear soon:) congrats to everyone who got accepted!

What date did you guys interview? Has anyone that interviewed Monday heard back? I had a different interviewer so I’m hoping to hear soon:) congrats to everyone who got accepted!
I had mine on Thursday!

Hi! Is there anyone else mainly trying to apply to Virginia/DC MOT programs for the 2020-2021 application cycle? I applied to Shenandoah (MOT), Trinity Washington, Radford, and Kean University (actually in New Jersey). Does anyone have info about any of these programs/have you heard back from any of these schools? I’m getting anxious about hearing back from these schools regarding interviews, etc!!
Hello! I also applied to Radford & Trinity Washington University.
I attended an info session with Trinity Washington last night and they said they are not going to even begin looking over the applications until Feb. They said after they review them interview dates would be sent out around March. I have not received anything from Radford yet, so hoping to receive an interview date for the next round after the holidays!

were these questions in regards to Radford or Shenandoah?

Last edited:
I have not heard back from them yet. I submitted my app super early in mid august + turned in my transcript in early September but there was a problem and they didn't update my account until after the deadline :/. So I'm not sure if they threw out my application or not
Hey, I think you should still be fine. Did you receive an email saying your application was complete and ready to be reviewed?

Yay! Congrats that is so awesome. I bet you are excited to be done with the waiting process. I cannot wait to find something out and stop overthinking things lol

Congrats thats awesome!!!

Hi! Did anyone else apply to VCU or Howard?

Yay! Congrats that is so awesome. I bet you are excited to be done with the waiting process. I cannot wait to find something out and stop overthinking things lol
Such a big weight off my shoulders! I was super surprised to hear back so early; I honestly wasn't expecting anything until after the holidays. Best of luck to you!!

I'm looking at Shenandoah's program right now and the General Psychology requirement is throwing me off. They say they don't accept AP credit, but I took introductory psychology in high school lol. Was a psychology major in college so I have other psych courses I can use when putting in transcript info, is that okay?

hi! have you heard anything back from JMU?
Hey! I have not heard back from them. I actually applied early decision and they did not recommend me for it so my application was put in the regular decision pool.