General Admissions & OTCAS MOT Applications in VA/DC Area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone gotten off of the Shenandoah waitlist?
I’m glad you asked this question. I’d like to know the answer too. I was placed on the waitlist as well. I have one prerequisite I’m currently taking, which will be complete at the end of April/first week of May.

I’m glad you asked this question. I’d like to know the answer too. I was placed on the waitlist as well. I have one prerequisite I’m currently taking, which will be complete at the end of April/first week of May.
So we had a little virtual info session last month for the SU MSOT class so far, and there were only about 20 of us, and they said they want to fill it up to 33, so they are likely waiting for people to make decisions on accepting/denying that way they know how many to pull from the waitlist.

Also, I'm currently finishing up my last pre-requisite (A&P II) but was accepted anyway, as I believe is this case for some others, so I wouldn't worry that that's the reason. Just may have come down to a variety of different tiny factors with so many great people interviewing. It must be really hard for them to choose. I really hope you get accepted!! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys :) Just wanted to let y'all know I heard back from JMU, I was accepted but am declining. If you applied and haven't heard back yet, be on the look out!

Reactions: 1 user
For those curious about Trinity, I just got invited to interview. (I declined because I'm already registered at SU.) Hopefully if you're someone who was waiting to hear back from TWU you got an email too or will be hearing soon! Good luck!

So we had a little virtual info session last month for the SU MSOT class so far, and there were only about 20 of us, and they said they want to fill it up to 33, so they are likely waiting for people to make decisions on accepting/denying that way they know how many to pull from the waitlist.

Also, I'm currently finishing up my last pre-requisite (A&P II) but was accepted anyway, as I believe is this case for some others, so I wouldn't worry that that's the reason. Just may have come down to a variety of different tiny factors with so many great people interviewing. It must be really hard for them to choose. I really hope you get accepted!! Good luck!
Thanks for letting me know!. I'm hoping as well, I worked hard getting all those pre-requisite courses completed. I received an email this week asking to confirm if I wanted to remain on the waitlist in case a spot opens up.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if Trinity is still accepting applications? I know it's kind of late in the game.

For those curious about Trinity, I just got invited to interview. (I declined because I'm already registered at SU.) Hopefully if you're someone who was waiting to hear back from TWU you got an email too or will be hearing soon! Good luck!
For Trinity, did you submit any form of your 40 hours shadowing an OT? I saw on the website that it's a requirement, but I just submitted my application and didn't see anything about that on there.

For Trinity, did you submit any form of your 40 hours shadowing an OT? I saw on the website that it's a requirement, but I just submitted my application and didn't see anything about that on there.
The application deadline for Trinity's OT program was back at the end of January, so I don't think they're still accepting applications, especially as they have started interviews already. But they were sending out a lot of mass emails after that deadline to encourage people to apply to all of their medical field professions, so maybe they extended it without updating the website.

As for shadowing hours, when I contacted them they said it wasn't required this year due to Covid, but if you had hours you could email them to the address listed. You didn't need to have the original hours form filled out that they provide, just any documentation of your hours.

Does anyone know if Shenandoah is still taking people off the waitlist or is everything pretty much done at this point?

Does anyone know if Shenandoah is still taking people off the waitlist or is everything pretty much done at this point?
I heard that the cohort is almost full, at this point they are just waiting for students to turn in their deposits. Part of the process is, if someone doesn't pay their deposit, then they begin to pull from the waitlist.

Hey I just checked and I did receive an email stating that my application was ready for review! but I have not heard back from them yet. have you?
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats when applying? Radford is my top choice so I would love to know how I stack up among the accepted class from last cycle.

I am currently a first year MOT student at radford and love it! Let me know if you have any questions!
I just got accepted into Radford! Is there anyway you can tell me more about the program and what it’s like? I’m currently trying to decide between Radford and Slippery Rock in PA. I can’t decide bc I’m not sure if I should go for DOT or MSOT. Please dm if you have any insight!