Program-Specific Info / Q's MOT at FGCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT127

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this program? I'm trying to figure out if I'll be able to work during it. I tried to match previous years with the curriculum and it looks like there are 3 days of classes in an average semester, which would mean I could probably work part time the other 2-4 days of the week. Does that sound about right?
I'm also wondering what the level 1 fieldwork pertains. They claim it is integrated into classes, but does that mean it is during class or it is a requirement for class that we'd have to schedule outside of class time?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm currently a first year at FGCU. For the first fall semester, we had classes 3.5 days a week. For this upcoming spring, we will have classes 4 days a week with every other Friday. I currently work on Fridays, and I know many other students work throughout the week after class. I personally think it would be manageable to work part time throughout the week and still handle classes fine.

For fieldwork, our first level 1 is in the spring, and it will be over FGCU's traditional spring break. They are providing us a separate spring break later in the semester (during AOTA national conference week). Our second level 1 is throughout the summer and is split up on different days. Our third level 1 is another full week in the fall.

Let me know if this answers all of your questions! I absolutely LOVE this program and I am so thankful I chose it over the others I was accepted at.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm currently a first year at FGCU. For the first fall semester, we had classes 3.5 days a week. For this upcoming spring, we will have classes 4 days a week with every other Friday. I currently work on Fridays, and I know many other students work throughout the week after class. I personally think it would be manageable to work part time throughout the week and still handle classes fine.

For fieldwork, our first level 1 is in the spring, and it will be over FGCU's traditional spring break. They are providing us a separate spring break later in the semester (during AOTA national conference week). Our second level 1 is throughout the summer and is split up on different days. Our third level 1 is another full week in the fall.

Let me know if this answers all of your questions! I absolutely LOVE this program and I am so thankful I chose it over the others I was accepted at.

Hi! I wanted to know how the timeline is for FGCUs program. Like when did you hear back for an interview, acceptance, etc. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my app Nov 14, heard back for an interview mid January, interviewed Feb 3rd, and accepted Feb 21(?? Close to this).

Thank you!! I just graduated with my undergrad from FGCU and it is definitely my top choice :)

Reactions: 1 user
I sent in my app Nov 14, heard back for an interview mid January, interviewed Feb 3rd, and accepted Feb 21(?? Close to this).

Thanks so much! I know it varies year to year, but do you happen to know how many people get interviewed? FGCU seems like one of the most popular OT schools in FL so I’m a bit nervous about the admissions process.

Thanks so much! I know it varies year to year, but do you happen to know how many people get interviewed? FGCU seems like one of the most popular OT schools in FL so I’m a bit nervous about the admissions process.
I think last year they interviewed 60+ for the 32 spots!

We interviewed about 80 applicants this year!