MOT Pre-req's School Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chancer

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found any schools that offer entrance into an MOT program that requires minimal pre-req's other than a bachelors and volunteer experience?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey, ill try to give as much info on this as I can. For schools these days there are entrace exams such as the GRE, most schools require a minimum of 1000. There are pre-req courses as well, mostly Psychology and human development stuff.....for MOT that is. One CAN get accepted into an MOT program with any BS degree but you need the pre-req courses as well. (i.e. A B.S in Art History, with electives in Psych, Human Growth, Bio, A&P, you get what I mean) You'll have to look at the schools that you might be interested in to get the pre-req courses, minimum gre scores (some can be as low as 900), all that good stuff.

If this isn't what you were looking for...then my bad.....I just can't fall asleep so I got on here thinking it might make me go to sleep. And Im just rambling on now aren't I? I appled to 4 DPT programs in early Nov. and have not heard back from them yet, kind of the reason why I cant sleep. Im a loser still living at home, already graduated with my BS degree and DPT is my way out of the basement.

Hey, no one was going to reply anyway!!!!!!! Might as well make it look like someone had an answer.

thanks...

yea..I have noticed several schools have varying degrees of admission requirements. i am trying to find schools with minimal requirements. so far i have found only one where science pre-req's are optional yet desired.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi
Not all programs require a bachelors degree. So because there are some programs that combined degree programs. if thats not what your asking or you have a bachelors degree than some schools require more than others. some require that you take the GRE others dont. Columbia for example does not require the GRE just the minimal requirements posted on there website. So check what school you would like to go and decide according to your circumstances. I hope I answered your question

From what i know, there are not too many programs that just require pre-req's and not a bachelor's degree. Also, many programs look at your PGPA and your overall GPA or at least the last 60 credit hrs. GPA. And the ones that do not require a bachelor's degree, but just the pre-req's, I would asking how many people do they accept into their class that do not have a bachelor's degree? And most schools do want volunteer experience.