Motivation advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

Howdydo25

I received 3 II so far and recently got a rejection from the first interview. I'm still waiting to hear back from the second one and I'll be going on the third interview later this month.

I'm trying to distract myself at work and exercising, but I'm still stressing out. I know re-applying is an option, but I was set on starting school this year after already taking two gap years.

Any advice to keep the motivation up?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do not give just go with blank mind next time you go for an interview. Just give your best , I also have went this kind of situation last year. But now i am in the same office when i was rejected last year. Do not lose hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
Motivation? I don't think that motivation is what you should be worried about. All the motivation was needed to get to this point. You are literally ALMOST THERE! All the blood, sweat and tears that went into your GPA, MCAT, ECs and applying got you here. Now, all you need to do is prep for your final interview. Read up on previous interview experiences via SDN, which can help you kinda prepare for what they might ask you. Go over this page for medical ethics questions https://depts.washington.edu/bioethx/toc.html . Finally, just be your damn self and enjoy the interview. You are one of the select few that get invited for an interview. Numerous people have looked over your app and thought that you were a great potential candidate for matriculation. So remember why you put yourself through all that crap and don't be afraid of success. You earned everything that you got and you will make a wonderful doc (or at least I hope, this is the internet and you could be a terrible person... just kidding!).

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, thanks guys! If I'm being really honest with myself, I guess I could have prepared for the first interview much better. I'm going to put everything I got into this last interview.