Motivation for June-July

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctdentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I think the toughest part of taking NBDE-1 is to stay motivated.So I am staring a new thread for myself and all those who have trouble concentrating for long periods of time.I am taking part 1 in Jun-July and hope to be able to work hard and do well in the exam.Best of luck to all of us preparing.

Members don't see this ad.

I have completed most of the material once but with breaks in between so am not confident about remembering.But yes have a little bit of basic knowledge.Before I was working so could not study regularly.Now am trying to concentrate.

im also planning to take my part1 in june july,so count me in too.

Members don't see this ad :)
:luck: Hi everybody!! I'm also planning to take part 1 in July. I'm still thinking about it.:confused: ...I had some issues to resolve for the last 2 weeks.... and now I'm finding very difficult to get into the same rutine....slow pace :( . I read Bio-Phy and almost done with Anat.....I read Dent. once a long time ago but I haven't touched Micro-Patho yet ....do you think I have enough time to take the test in July?....:confused: .
Have everybody a wonderful day of study!! :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me that the hepatic portal vein divides into 2 branches

-after entering the liver
-before entering the liver.

hi,

It is formed by the union of the

* splenic vein and
* superior mesenteric vein

and divides into a right and a left branch before entering the liver.

Note that the portal vein drains blood into the liver, not from the liver. The blood entering the liver from the portal vein, after being cleaned by the liver, flows into the inferior vena cava via the hepatic veins. The inferior mesenteric vein usually does not directly connects to the hepatic portal vein; it drains into the splenic vein.

hope u understand.

Can anyone tell me that the hepatic portal vein divides into 2 branches

-after entering the liver
-before entering the liver.

hi,
i would like to go with u b/c i completed all the stuff once and planning to give the exam late in july.wish u luck.and count me tooo.and tell me how to go through.

Hi Friends,
I think the toughest part of taking NBDE-1 is to stay motivated.So I am staring a new thread for myself and all those who have trouble concentrating for long periods of time.I am taking part 1 in Jun-July and hope to be able to work hard and do well in the exam.Best of luck to all of us preparing.

:luck: Hi everybody!! I'm also planning to take part 1 in July. I'm still thinking about it.:confused: ...I had some issues to resolve for the last 2 weeks.... and now I'm finding very difficult to get into the same rutine....slow pace :( . I read Bio-Phy and almost done with Anat.....I read Dent. once a long time ago but I haven't touched Micro-Patho yet ....do you think I have enough time to take the test in July?....:confused: .
Have everybody a wonderful day of study!! :thumbup:
hi skdent...
iam takin in july too...still got physio, anat and dent to go....so u seem to b in a better position....lets do our best and hope for the best:)

Hi Perennialdent :D !
Thank you so much for your support!! :thumbup: But you know what?....even if I read some of the stuff for the test, I feel like I don't remember anything :( ..
Have an awesome day of study!! :luck:

i m so glad that i found this thread about motivation for nbde...infact i googled the word'motivation' and got directed here...:)
i m having hard time learning bacterial and viral classifications by heart and other similar stuff ..is it really important to learn these tables or not?

I'm glad to have found this too. I'm shooting for mid-July to take the test. By this weekend I hope to have finished my first review of Anatomy and Biochem/Phys. I went through anatomy first and was feeling like "anatomy master of the universe", only to go through biochem and feel like I've forgotten all of anatomy. My plan is to get through Micro/Path in the next 2-3 weeks and then pull it all together and take old exams (use study breaks to review Dental Anatomy because I haven't done it yet). I'm kind of nervous about my strategy because I feel like as soon as I review one thing, I forget the others. I could easily put this off until September, but I'm so sick of dental school dominating my life and I'm feeling burnt out; besides, I'd love to be able to go to the beach and workout and just enjoy an awesome summer. My main hesitation is the whole score conversion controversy. I think they are going to talk about it at my school soon, so hopefully I'll be able to make a more informed decision. I don't want to accidentally drink the dental school kool-aid on this issue though. I've been working hard to gear up to take it in July, but if I continue to have my doubts about the scoring, I may just wait until after they re-equilibrate in Sept/Oct. Anyone else with the same concerns?

I'm glad to have found this too. I'm shooting for mid-July to take the test. By this weekend I hope to have finished my first review of Anatomy and Biochem/Phys. I went through anatomy first and was feeling like "anatomy master of the universe", only to go through biochem and feel like I've forgotten all of anatomy. My plan is to get through Micro/Path in the next 2-3 weeks and then pull it all together and take old exams (use study breaks to review Dental Anatomy because I haven't done it yet). I'm kind of nervous about my strategy because I feel like as soon as I review one thing, I forget the others. I could easily put this off until September, but I'm so sick of dental school dominating my life and I'm feeling burnt out; besides, I'd love to be able to go to the beach and workout and just enjoy an awesome summer. My main hesitation is the whole score conversion controversy. I think they are going to talk about it at my school soon, so hopefully I'll be able to make a more informed decision. I don't want to accidentally drink the dental school kool-aid on this issue though. I've been working hard to gear up to take it in July, but if I continue to have my doubts about the scoring, I may just wait until after they re-equilibrate in Sept/Oct. Anyone else with the same concerns?[/QUTE]

hi can u kindly tell me what this score conversion issue is ?..actually i m reading it often on the forums but i don't know how would it affect our score..
in my view delaying exam further just increases anxiety and shatters confidence ..i have delayed my exam twice already but not gonna do it again...i m taking it in mid june..some times when i have difficulty focussing ,i start doing old examz..and it really helps me getting back on track...my goal is to get over 95% though i still have a lot to do ...so let see what happens..i m doing patho/microbio these days

HI,
first of thanks to bushra !
i am also giving my xms in july .cont me in 2 .just did dadh n doing anat !