motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello nbde part 1 aspirants,iam starting this thread to motivate eachother especially for those who got exams in a couple of months for which we need to study atleast 10 to 12 hrs a day during the last couple of months.u guys can post ur schedule daily and can let us know u did a 10 hr study at the end of the day.so this will be motivating for u and also everybody.so let me start.....i got my exam on april end.iam doing my first revision.i wish to do 3 to four revision.iam done with (revision 1)...
1.anatomy-brs,decks,neuroanat from usmle,few chapters from riculo. simple and kp review
2.DA-kp,decks,tmj and occlu from wheelers
now iam with biochem doing lippin.done with 2 units this eve.will be completing unit 3 before i go to bed.keep u posted.
come on lets crack the exam.
thx SDN
ssr

Members don't see this ad.

dn worry dear..
every1 is sailing in d same boat..
do njoy whn u dn feel like studying,,this will increase ur output..

m also taking break for 2-3 days..travelling at weekend

i am also thinking of appearing in april..

Today didnt feel like studying but still tried to.There is so much material to go thru.Sometimes wonder if I remember anything.Is everyone memorizing what they study.

Members don't see this ad :)
yesterday i did slow.today trying to improve.iam not comfortable with my revi 1.hope this will get better during revi 2.anybody in same boat.plz reply

yup...........
same here.
i just revised da decks 1ce but still not happy. m now doin q bank..... n find so much new.... n lots dat i dont kno....
god help us alll!!!!!
2day i hav 2 finish da last few papers....
den plan 2 do a quick glance n den again start vth revision of decks .....
i think m bad at anat... esp cns n stuff.....
any advice on how 2 improve...:)
will appreciate it.........

ok m done vth da few papers.....
now will b takin along break.....
so till monday.... happy weeknd 2 1 n all enjoy.... take care
meet u all on monday....
cheers!!!:) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I finished cns anatomy from kaplan now switched to pathology as i like patho and its easier to do over weekends !!i also plan to complete some q papers and plan to read occlusion from wheelers ..and understand the concept completely....all the best to everybody ....make up ur mind and study well during weekend...bye.

how is every1 doing?
studying?

i had plans to travel dis weekend ..but finally at home..

not able to study at weekend..

how abt u guys?
keep us updated!!!!!!!11

hi guys,just done with revi 1.now iam confused a bit,wether i should start reading the theory wat i did during revi 1 or should i go for question papers.just confused.somebody advise me
thx ssr

hey ssr.........
i wud say start vth Qpapers...... after dat u can again revise.....
by da way by qpapers u mean u goig 2 start 2 score urself???
i havnt yet started 2 score myself.... just done vth qpapers.... dats alll. i hav left vth sum more qpapers vth no xplanations. dos il use 2 score n c wer i stand. now will do vth qbank of kaplan..... den again revise...........
il star on monday.
m now relaxin........
take care....

hi ,thx for ur reply.iam going to do QP for 3 days.let me see how it goes.i wud appreciate if u post ur diss ques.so we can discuss.by the way ,did u guys check the expl given for ur question in the other thread.correct me if iam wrong.
thx
ssr

Members don't see this ad :)
a very gud mornin..........
:) yup sure. lets discuss. n enlighten each other.........
add me in......:) :) :) :)

hi everybody,yesterday i just did 82-84 paper.i took it as a test.today going todo few theory and then a paper in evening.
cheers
ssr

hey...
wat happend?? no1z sharin anymore....
how u doin ssr??
hey docaspra wer r u??
m tryin 2 b done vth kaplan....
den will start vth revision....
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I face this problem, some days, I get 5-6 hours to study for boards, but then I can not study for 2-3 days.....:scared:
Is anybody in the same boat?
Any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Ct

hello guys,today did few theory topics.i didnt do any qp today.tomorrow iam going to do 1981 paper as a test.how r u guys doing.
keep us posted,
thx
ss

I face this problem, some days, I get 5-6 hours to study for boards, but then I can not study for 2-3 days.....:scared:
Is anybody in the same boat?
Any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Ct

this is same with everybody.studying for 5-6 hrs is good.i used to take break (1 day break)for every 5-6 days.some times abreak for 2 days.i feel it is important to take a break to replenish our energy .i think u r doing fine.anyway welcome to the club.

hmmmm... so every 1 is goin thru it.....
same here....
try bein on track...i kno its difficult 2 keep up.... but cant help... v ought 2 do it.....
neway gudluck all....:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

same here....
try bein on track...i kno its difficult 2 keep up.... but cant help... v ought 2 do it.....

same here....

hi there,iam going to do 1981 paper as a test in the morning.hope things r fine with u guys.
keep u posted
ssr

Thank you for your encouraging reply :)

Truly said....... whatever said and done.......we have to do it ......:thumbup:

Ct

HI everyone!

me new to this thread.giving my exam on 26th April.anyone near me too?
iv done the 80's n 90's papers n almost nearing to complete decks for the first time.i had done k.review sometime back but don seem to be rememberin anythn.the stress of not being on the schedule is killing me.im just throwing myself at the books no matter wat.since the last weekend have not been able to put in more than 5 hrs.i still ave many many topics to read the first time.donno hw it will go.but after seeing this thread im very hopeful.i'll be here till my exam!

Cheers!
all the best to all of you!
try try n try nnn u will surely succeed!!!!

Hey!

Hey guys! w ru doing on the previous papers.i was scoring for myself.was able to roughlt get btwn 80n 85 in DA n 75 n 80 in micro-path n the dreaded bio-phy anat about 65 - 70. hope i can improve!

hi everyone,
its really nice to see everyone motivating each other....well am new to this forum and would be giving my exam in may....am doing decks right now have started with pathology decks.....hope to finish it by tomm....all the best to everyone......am sure with hard work we all can do it......
happy studying..;)

There is a time to let things happen, and a time to make things happen.

hello guys... welcum...
hmmm i m givin xm on 23 april.... i havnt still started scorin myself..... will start dat soon...
m now stuck vth da kaplan online Qbank.... has any1 tried dat???
neway.... m unable 2 keep up da schedule des days... studyn 4 just 4hrs or so... its pathetic.....
its ok.... will try n improve......
god help us alll .....

hi,warm welcome for those who r here.thx a lot for keeping this thread alive and motivating eachother.
thx again

just done with 1981 paper.got to rack my brain alittle more than 1982-84 paper.just got 30 days for the exm.iam going to start revision 2-theory and decks.

hi
am still with the decks hope to finish atleast half today????i hope 1 month is enough and am doing the decks for the first time.....i hope i can do it....really confused right now....would be reading for 2 more hours.....and plz let me know if the decks and question papers are enough.....coz am relying only on these 2.....:scared:
happy studying...:thumbup:

Only a decision is required to change one's mind. :idea:

I think u need to read kaplan review book also...once u read the review book..reading decks will be more helpful...i wanted to ask u guys....if u have started scoring do u maintain the timing also???i am not able to do so.....once i have answered 50 Q i feel like checking the answers and then do the other 50.....is it okay to do so???

I think u need to read kaplan review book also...once u read the review book..reading decks will be more helpful...i wanted to ask u guys....if u have started scoring do u maintain the timing also???i am not able to do so.....once i have answered 50 Q i feel like checking the answers and then do the other 50.....is it okay to do so???

hey m doin da same.... i do 50 Q max at a stretch,... n watch out da wrong 1s... n c da explanaton...
i havnt started scorin yet...... wen r u plannin 2 give xm??

Hi guys ,
i have been reading this thred since the begining.i want to take my boards at the end of next month i.e april end...i have a 2yr old son .i get 4-5 hrs to study every day,n no time atal on wknds :( .i have been postponing my exams since last 3 months,n to tell u the truth i did not utilised that time to improve myself.3mths i wasted.but i really want to take this exams next month and want to apply this year .i need some motivation.i m really tired of postponing the exams n bearing the burden of part 1. n the guilt that i m not taking care of my family n house :oops:
i want a study parner who wants to discuss the tough questions from the old papers.if any one intrested please let me know.
and please u guys help me to take this exams .need some inspiration n motivation.
thanks in advance.

Hi
i will like to discus questions with you. I am planning to take part one in April end or May first week.

Hi guys ,
i have been reading this thred since the begining.i want to take my boards at the end of next month i.e april end...i have a 2yr old son .i get 4-5 hrs to study every day,n no time atal on wknds :( .i have been postponing my exams since last 3 months,n to tell u the truth i did not utilised that time to improve myself.3mths i wasted.but i really want to take this exams next month and want to apply this year .i need some motivation.i m really tired of postponing the exams n bearing the burden of part 1. n the guilt that i m not taking care of my family n house :oops:
i want a study parner who wants to discuss the tough questions from the old papers.if any one intrested please let me know.
and please u guys help me to take this exams .need some inspiration n motivation.
thanks in advance.

hi tulaji,i really understand ,wat u r going throu,cos i too have a 18 month old kid.dont feel guilty about anything.feel good that u were spending time with ur kid,which is very important.it is possible to balance between studyand kid.try to do 5hrs a day.best time to study is the time while they sleep,i mean the early morning and late night hours.so it is possible for u to do 5 hrs a day.it will take 6 weeks to do 6 subjects.then 3 weeks to do revi 1 and then 2weeks to do revi 2.then u willdo great.it is possilble for u.i really,really beleive that.so dont worry.be happy with watever do say cooking ,cleanind,kid,studying.enjoy each work u do.then exm will not be annoying.so dont worry.u can do it.
takecare
feel motivated
ssr

Hi Guys!

have been doing micro-path decks today! must say has been alrite so far but im kinda bored to continue from here but unable to shift to another cos once its pending,its that way forever! so tryn hard! n guys how are you fairing in ur tests! pls letme know cos unable to understand the present score curve!

n tulaja,u must feel proud of urself for still being patient enuf to do wat ur doing! u surely are going to succeed just don loose hope yet! u r a strong dentist n u shud continue to be one! doesnt matter hw many hrs ur studyn.just keep going at it!
no matter hw long u study,its never going to be enuf until its done with!
so don u worry! we all are in the same boat!

Good Luck!
Happy studyn!

hey all
how r u guys doin??m unable 2 study.... not able 2 keep up vth schedule...m so tired n bored of books.... i feel scard.. fell like m already loosin....
i just gota month 2 go. n i still hav lots 2 do.....god help me.....
m gettin bored soon. so think of takin a break. n den waste lots of time....
god help me....neway i will try n try n try... n do bettr...
wat can i do 2 keep up ...
plz help......
i do want 2 study......but.....

hello guys,got only 28 days for my exm.started with my revi 2.just worried about completing it in time.
ssr

hello docaspra,venkatcpp,shub,doctor.tooth,anya2005,confused tooth,riyaap-were r u guys.no updates.

hi everybody how did u all do over weekend....myself i was happy that i completed DA...Understood Occlusion...the movements..and at a stretch completed DA decks.Then i switched to micropath decks....couldnot do much...now i plan to study cns physiology,and do 1981 paper.I plan to give exam in april last week.

good yaar..
u studied at weekend..i didnt do well yesterday..

hey ssr where are u?whats going on

Hi guys!

Had a bad weekend! took off for 3 days! started with anat today! doing the circulatory sys n nervous sys today.hope to complete it! lets see! will let u knw at the end of the day!

do good till then!

Hi, I'm glad someone started this thread, cause my main problem is the motivation, It's hard to chose between have a fun day with my family and stay home in a room and study like living in another world. I'm trying to push myself to do this, and I think sharing the same experience with you guys might help. I cannot study for 10 hrs but I could do 5-6. I'm plannig to retake in a couple of months, I got an 81 the first time, hopefully I can get a higher score.. good luck for all of you!

hi,
howz everyone doin?????/my weekend went horrible was unable to read for the past 3 days.....i hope i finish everything by may 1st week....am still doing path.....however i started doing physio along with it......i want to finish it by weekend ....i dont know whether i will or not...as i read abt 4-6 hrs everday....but will def try my best to do....
hey anya and ssr u both are doing gr8....
all the best to everyone.......
happy studying.:)