-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Motivational Quotes
Started by centersharpie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
"do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do!" - my mom told me she heard Denzel Washington say it during an interview on his movie "Great Debaters"
I have wanted to be a doctor as long as I can remember so it really works for me
Other than that I tend to quote scriptutures.
I have wanted to be a doctor as long as I can remember so it really works for me
Other than that I tend to quote scriptutures.
"Get grade, get paid. Get paid, get laid."
I came up with that one during one of my 20 hour library binges. It worked well enough.
I came up with that one during one of my 20 hour library binges. It worked well enough.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
these are great keep 'em coming!None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
I read this anytime I doubted myself or thought I wasn't good enough for medicine. I would take a moment to reflect internally and check in with myself. Every time the answer was, "Yep. This is right. Keep going!" and I would feel every molecule tell me that this is what I want to dedicate my life to. The quote reminds me to not let the whispers of others (*cough*SDN*cough*) get in the way of that. 🙂
Hope that makes sense. I just woke up and am still rather sleepy! *yawn*
I read this anytime I doubted myself or thought I wasn't good enough for medicine. I would take a moment to reflect internally and check in with myself. Every time the answer was, "Yep. This is right. Keep going!" and I would feel every molecule tell me that this is what I want to dedicate my life to. The quote reminds me to not let the whispers of others (*cough*SDN*cough*) get in the way of that. 🙂
Hope that makes sense. I just woke up and am still rather sleepy! *yawn*
"You have learned something, yet it always feels at first as if you had lost something." -H.G.Wells OR Bernard Shaw
Nothing worth doing was ever easy.
ah... what a great topic.
i workout as well, so i have a bunch... a lot dealing with strength lol.
"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."
"Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you."
"So many times, it happens too fast,
you trade your passion for glory.
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past.
You must fight just to keep them alive."
" Work it harder, make it better,
do it faster, makes us stronger,
more than ever, hour after,
hour work is never over."
"Strength of body, strength of mind, strength of character; qualities to be admired in any person."
my theme music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZd1Js0QaOI
i workout as well, so i have a bunch... a lot dealing with strength lol.
"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."
"Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you."
"So many times, it happens too fast,
you trade your passion for glory.
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past.
You must fight just to keep them alive."
" Work it harder, make it better,
do it faster, makes us stronger,
more than ever, hour after,
hour work is never over."
"Strength of body, strength of mind, strength of character; qualities to be admired in any person."
my theme music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZd1Js0QaOI
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone. It is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." Patrick Henry
When I see this quote, I always think of reapplicants for some reason. Not that a reapplicant was weak or anything but I find it encouraging to support the latter half of the quote.
And good ones so far, I'll keep a note of them 🙂
When I see this quote, I always think of reapplicants for some reason. Not that a reapplicant was weak or anything but I find it encouraging to support the latter half of the quote.
And good ones so far, I'll keep a note of them 🙂
oops
my theme music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZd1Js0QaOI
As much as I like Kanye, he doesn't really add much to the daft punk song here.
"Live each moment of your dream, your goal, with passion. Do not let your conviction and motivation die when the going gets tough. Bounce higher with every fall, aim for the impossible, and remember: you can change your destiny." ~anonymous
and
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." 😉
and
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." 😉
None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
I read this anytime I doubted myself or thought I wasn't good enough for medicine. I would take a moment to reflect internally and check in with myself. Every time the answer was, "Yep. This is right. Keep going!" and I would feel every molecule tell me that this is what I want to dedicate my life to. The quote reminds me to not let the whispers of others (*cough*SDN*cough*) get in the way of that. 🙂
Hope that makes sense. I just woke up and am still rather sleepy! *yawn*
it makes perfect sense 😍
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
Clint Eastwood
Clint Eastwood
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a wise Chinese man said:
Chose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
I hope I won't have to work a day in my life. 🙂
"Don't tell me how high the waves or how rocky the beach, just get the ****ing boat onto shore"
Along these lines, there's a GREAT (the best I've seen) poster of michael jordan sitting down thinking and all these lines about how he's failed over and over again in his career - and that is why he succeeds.
Along these lines, there's a GREAT (the best I've seen) poster of michael jordan sitting down thinking and all these lines about how he's failed over and over again in his career - and that is why he succeeds.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
--Winston Churchill
Oh, and though somebody somewhat referred to above, my favorite Scrubs scene:
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VVTYtsfg-tc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
--Winston Churchill
Oh, and though somebody somewhat referred to above, my favorite Scrubs scene:
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VVTYtsfg-tc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
My quotes are listed below on my signature.
Additionally, my inspirational song is also on signature and it is the same one as that scrubs episode. Hear the lyrics and when applied to the app process it fits beautifully.
Finally, at one of my interviews while waiting for the interviewer in his office he had a print out that said:
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get"
Great quote IMHO. I actually used it to reply to his answer why not engineering school? He was positively impressed (quote was in a small frame in the back of his office).
Additionally, my inspirational song is also on signature and it is the same one as that scrubs episode. Hear the lyrics and when applied to the app process it fits beautifully.
Finally, at one of my interviews while waiting for the interviewer in his office he had a print out that said:
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get"
Great quote IMHO. I actually used it to reply to his answer why not engineering school? He was positively impressed (quote was in a small frame in the back of his office).
I like this thread 👍.
This is my favorite motivational quotation:
"A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits." - Napoleon Hill
Here's another one:
"Luck is infatuated with the efficient." - Persian Proverb
And I like this one too, even though it isn't really motivational:
"Courteous men learn courtesy from the discourteous." - Persian Proverb
This is my favorite motivational quotation:
"A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits." - Napoleon Hill
Here's another one:
"Luck is infatuated with the efficient." - Persian Proverb
And I like this one too, even though it isn't really motivational:
"Courteous men learn courtesy from the discourteous." - Persian Proverb
Harder, better, faster, stronger indeed...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON6SIzmcZy4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
My favorite inspirational quote:
"I'll hang my boots to rest when I'm impressed So I triple knot em then forgot em"
-Aesop Rock, Daylight
Great and unique rapper by the way, you guys should check out some of his stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXAKOfk7_ho (Daylight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whGfOFOCE2s&feature=related (No regrets, one of my favorite songs, disregard the video).
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON6SIzmcZy4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
My favorite inspirational quote:
"I'll hang my boots to rest when I'm impressed So I triple knot em then forgot em"
-Aesop Rock, Daylight
Great and unique rapper by the way, you guys should check out some of his stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXAKOfk7_ho (Daylight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whGfOFOCE2s&feature=related (No regrets, one of my favorite songs, disregard the video).
Nothing worth doing was ever easy.
I love this! Will keep with me for the next 4 years!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hahahah I would love to get a big poster of that to put on my wall.. Yay!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcmw0ufHoBo[/YOUTUBE]
"You can't give up hope just because its hopeless." (Fry from Futurama)
I will study and get ready, and maybe the chances will come.
-Abe Lincoln
(read this one on someone's avatare on sden)
-Abe Lincoln
(read this one on someone's avatare on sden)
haha this makes me really happy
"When you were born, everyone around you was smiling and you were crying. Live your life so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone around you is crying"
and from the Prudential commercial,
"Sometimes the biggest risk in life is not taking one at all"
and from the Prudential commercial,
"Sometimes the biggest risk in life is not taking one at all"
Trying is the first step towards failure.
I've got a bunch. I printed them out and they're all around my computer.
Courage doesn't always roar
Sometimes courage is the little voice
at the end of the day that says…
"I'll try again tomorrow"
What would you attempt
to do if you knew
you could not fail
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done
what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have
crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is
a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high
a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt."
Measure for Measure, Shakespeare
"That which can't be helped must be endured"
-Hot Lights, Cold Steel
Never let the odds keep you
from doing what you know in
your heart you were meant to do
Nothing splendid has ever been
achieved except by those who
dared believe that something inside
them was superior to circumstance
Dwell in possibility
Whether you think
you can or you can't
you are right.
Dare to be remarkable.
At the center of your being
you have the answers.
You know who you are
and you know what you want.
Unless it says underneath, those quotes are anonymous (at least to me). One of my favorites is by my homeboy, Yoda:
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Courage doesn't always roar
Sometimes courage is the little voice
at the end of the day that says…
"I'll try again tomorrow"
What would you attempt
to do if you knew
you could not fail
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done
what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have
crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is
a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high
a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt."
Measure for Measure, Shakespeare
"That which can't be helped must be endured"
-Hot Lights, Cold Steel
Never let the odds keep you
from doing what you know in
your heart you were meant to do
Nothing splendid has ever been
achieved except by those who
dared believe that something inside
them was superior to circumstance
Dwell in possibility
Whether you think
you can or you can't
you are right.
Dare to be remarkable.
At the center of your being
you have the answers.
You know who you are
and you know what you want.
Unless it says underneath, those quotes are anonymous (at least to me). One of my favorites is by my homeboy, Yoda:
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Just remembered this poem... it's actually 4 stanzas long, but these are the only two I think apply to endurance and determination.
The tree that never had to fight
For sun and sky and air and light,
But stood out in the open plain
And always got its share of rain,
Never became a forest king
But lived and died a scrubby thing.
Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees,
The further sky, the greater length,
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.
Another one is something my crazy awesome Gen Bio I prof said once. There were a few kids who said they weren't coming to the final because they were failing anyway. This was his response: "In Japan we have a saying that if you start to s***, you must finish because otherwise it hurts you more". He was the coolest effin guy ever. Smarty pants has a Ph.D from Yale.
The tree that never had to fight
For sun and sky and air and light,
But stood out in the open plain
And always got its share of rain,
Never became a forest king
But lived and died a scrubby thing.
Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees,
The further sky, the greater length,
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.
Another one is something my crazy awesome Gen Bio I prof said once. There were a few kids who said they weren't coming to the final because they were failing anyway. This was his response: "In Japan we have a saying that if you start to s***, you must finish because otherwise it hurts you more". He was the coolest effin guy ever. Smarty pants has a Ph.D from Yale.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're born, you take ****. You get out in the world, you take more ****. You climb a little higher, you take less ****. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what **** even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
-Michael Gambon as Eddie Temple in the movie Layer Cake.
Michael Scott:
Abraham Lincoln once said that "If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North," and these are the principles I carry with me in the workplace.
Classic"If it is to be its up to me" -Truett Cathy CEO/Founder of Chick-fil-a- told at a his summer camp where I worked
SB Bunny- that is my fav quote ever. you beat me to it 🙂
www.motivationalquotes.com
is one of my favorite websites of all time (besides sdn of course).
www.motivationalquotes.com
is one of my favorite websites of all time (besides sdn of course).
SB Bunny- that is my fav quote ever. you beat me to it 🙂
www.motivationalquotes.com
is one of my favorite websites of all time (besides sdn of course).
forget motivational quotes - demotivator quotes is what you need http://www.despair.com/viewall.html 😎
love the scrubs vid 👍