adismo

covered in moon dust
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2000
tent
Status (Visible)
Scheduling rotations at navy sites in excess of the one required AT is near to impossible. Im an MS3 looking for MS4 rotations.

Anyone else having this dillema? and HOW DO I GET MORE ROTATIONS AT NAVY HOSPITALS??

Please help.

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 8, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Why can't you just schedule it and pay for the housing and whatnot yourself? that's what we do in the army when we run out of rotations though, so I'm not sure if the navy works the same way.

Spang

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 1999
The dunes of the Cape (at midnight).
Status (Visible)
I don't see why that strategy won't work, unless there's a shortage of clerkship spots. It's called "no cost" orders and I've used them to do tons of things remotely related to military without having to burn my leave.

Another thing you can do if you know someone else in HPSP or USUHS is the back-to-back rotations at the same (geographic) place. One of you is on orders, so the hotel/BOQ room is paid for and the other crashes with first guy. In the next rotation the first guy is on no-cost orders but the second guy is now getting the room paid for.

Maybe not the best answer to your exact question, but I though it was a good idea regardless.

Spang

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.