Mount Sinai?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adog

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has interviewed with Mount Sinai in late Nov/Dec heard anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

adog said:
Has anyone who has interviewed with Mount Sinai in late Nov/Dec heard anything back yet?

Yeah, I heard I got waitlisted yesterday (Jan. 12). I interviewed in late Nov.

adog said:

I interviewed in early Dec. and haven't heard anything yet...

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting as well! I interviewed early December! :scared:

iamcanadian said:

Sorry to hear that dude...hopefully you'll hear good news when spring comes around.

Did you find out in an email or a letter (snail mail)?

Good luck!

iamcanadian said:

Sorry to hear you got waitlisted :(
Still, I think this is the first anyone has heard from them in awhile...so there is a ray of hope that we may hear something one way or another soon.
I interviewed there mid-Nov and have yet to hear anything :scared:

rockstar2525 said:
Sorry to hear you got waitlisted :(
Still, I think this is the first anyone has heard from them in awhile...so there is a ray of hope that we may hear something one way or another soon.
I interviewed there mid-Nov and have yet to hear anything :scared:

Try mid-OCTOBER(!!!!) for me.....granted, they did call me about a month ago to tell me they were having trouble getting my two interviewers together for the committee...still ****ty. I'm getting really peeved.

SticknRudder said:
Try mid-OCTOBER(!!!!) for me.....granted, they did call me about a month ago to tell me they were having trouble getting my two interviewers together for the committee...still ****ty. I'm getting really peeved.

Ok, I'll quit my whining. I did read on a few threads from previous years that they take a really long time sometimes. I was reading about this one chick (entering 2003) who interviewed in Oct and didn't hear till April, wtf :confused:

I hope we get the good news soon! :luck:

im hoping for an interview!!!! i sent in a letter of interest and emailed dr. barnett........i'd never thought i'd stoop so low as to hunt ppl down on the internet and harass them............but mount sinai is worth it.......good luck everyone!!!! please udate on news of any kind :luck: :luck: :luck:

Oooh, I hope you get an interview wends, I think they interview until pretty late in the season :luck: :luck:

In the meantime, another day passes with no word :(

rockstar2525 said:
Oooh, I hope you get an interview wends, I think they interview until pretty late in the season :luck: :luck:

In the meantime, another day passes with no word :(

i know how you feel, each day that passes, hell, each minute, is tortous........im a slave to my computer and email. good luck rockstar, how did you like mount sinai? :luck: :luck:

I loved it, it is my first choice (at least for today as I change my mind frequently). It seemed like a place were I could really see myself fitting in. The students seemed smart, but laid back and fun. The housing was decent and the affiliated hospitals seem good. We'll see...

I interviewed 12/14. Just got the e-mail from Kelli today!

First acceptance :D

Members don't see this ad :)
sweatybrain said:
I interviewed 12/14. Just got the e-mail from Kelli today!

First acceptance :D

hey sweatybrain CONGRATS!!!! i'm sure its the first of many for you......

I interviewed December 8 and I still havent heard anything!! I am so nervous, this is my first choice.

Electrophys said:
Sorry to hear that dude...hopefully you'll hear good news when spring comes around.

Did you find out in an email or a letter (snail mail)?

Good luck!

Thanks. Actually, they told me over the phone...I called to check my status.

Best wishes

SticknRudder said:

I am in a very similar situation. I was called twice by admissions people at Sinai telling me that they had problems getting both of my interviewers together for the committee decision, but that they should be informing me of the decision during the first week of January. Needless to say, we are moving farther and farther from the first week of January and I have yet to hear a peep out of them. I thought MSSM was alright when I went there, but I must say that their handling of the application process (at least for me personally) has left a great deal to be desired.

Got the e-mail from Kelliann today too! I interviewed Dec. 1st. Good luck to the rest of you!

adog said:
Got the e-mail from Kelliann today too! I interviewed Dec. 1st. Good luck to the rest of you!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

whose kelliann and do you think i could have her email LOL. :luck: :thumbup:

I'm confused, I interviewed Mid-November, have yet to hear anything. I called the office to check my status, and they said that No decision has been made. I asked if my file has gone to committee and it has. Once its in committee, dont they usually make a decision? or am I in some kind of "hold" category? Anybody else with a similar experience?

Hey, just so those of you who haven't gotten an interview yet know, last year Sinai was actually my last interview on like January 29th or something and I ended up getting accepted a few weeks later.... and I can say I'm now a happy MS1 here at Sinai

moral of the story: don't worry too much

I interviewed in November, got wait-listed around Christmas, and I just got an email today telling me I was accepted :)

QueenVicious said:
I interviewed in November, got wait-listed around Christmas, and I just got an email today telling me I was accepted :)

Alright, Queen, congratulations :hardy: :clap: :hardy: :clap:

That's wonderful news..

docjolly said:
Alright, Queen, congratulations :hardy: :clap: :hardy: :clap:

That's wonderful news..

Thank you!! :) For a second there I was not expecting to get off that wait list.

I've also interviewed in mid-November and have not yet heard anything yet. I've gotten very paranoid about checking my mail. Does anyone know if this means I'm on hold or simply have not gone to committee yet?
thanks

tic112 said:
Interviewed late November, have not heard back.
Probably not a good sign.

Don't worry, it most likely doesn't mean anything. It probably just means that they couldn't get both your interviewers to come in at the same time for the decision. I interviewed in mid-November, and got a response about 3 weeks later (a waitlist). Some people who interviewed earlier didn't even get a response yet. Judging from the posts that I've been reading about Mt. Sinai, I think the timing of the decision really depends on whether they can get both of your interviewers to come in at the same time. Don't worry!!!!

QueenVicious said:

wow, really? that was a quick waitlist. congrats! i interviewed early Dec and got accepted last week.

ms2209 said:
I am in a very similar situation. I was called twice by admissions people at Sinai telling me that they had problems getting both of my interviewers together for the committee decision, but that they should be informing me of the decision during the first week of January. Needless to say, we are moving farther and farther from the first week of January and I have yet to hear a peep out of them. I thought MSSM was alright when I went there, but I must say that their handling of the application process (at least for me personally) has left a great deal to be desired.

I agree that their admissions is not the best. They lost my LOR AFTER sending a postcard saying they had recieved them and so my file was incomplete for months and I didn't know. Finally I called and figured out I needed to resend the letters, and got an interview. I actually really liked Mt Sinai when I went there and it's still a potential top choice, but at this point I am getting a little annoyed. It's two people, how hard is it to coordinate thier schedules?

rockstar2525 said:
It's two people, how hard is it to coordinate thier schedules?

Seriously! If it is such a hardship, how did the two interviewers manage to interview applicants at the same time on the same day.... I feel at such a disadvantage because so much time has passed.

got letter that im on the alternate list today. Does anybody know how big that list is and how much it moves? thanks

QueenVicious said:

really? wow, congrats!! I thought their WL doesn't move till may? does anyone know how their WL works? do they periodically keep reviewing it?

Don't panic, they're good people... i interviewed in october, got waitlisted by christmas, and was on the wait list for a whole three weeks before being accepted yesterday :) good luck guys

getxeberri said:
Don't panic, they're good people... i interviewed in october, got waitlisted by christmas, and was on the wait list for a whole three weeks before being accepted yesterday :) good luck guys

congrats! so I guess they do review the WL periodically...

for those of you who got off the WL-did you do anything, like sending LOI's?

sunsweet said:
congrats! so I guess they do review the WL periodically...

for those of you who got off the WL-did you do anything, like sending LOI's?

No I didn't send one, but I was going to if after a certain amount of time I hadn't heard from them. Good luck :thumbup: :) !!

Hey I have a question concerning a letter of interest to Sinai, along with a longass rant of sorts:

Should I write a letter of interest though I interviewed only two weeks ago?

I was wondering if it would be worth it to have it in my file when I go to committee, or just to wait until I get waitlisted. The thing to stress is that this is the school I want to go to above all the others I have interviewed at. Sorry to be such a whiny and worrisome douche, but a kickass app from my school has just gotten in, and another one of my great app friends has just interviewed. Numberswise these kids are total superstars, and I am worried about my chances since it would seem logical for a school to group kids from the same undergrad together. I am not a horrible applicant, but my numbers (almost exact same with last year's matriculating class) pale in comparison with the aforementioned two. Anyways, these kids worked their asses off and deserve their acceptances, but I really want to know how I can make it clear to Sinai that I really want them!!!

Also, I dont know how you all feel, but I think even though I have a few acceptances this process still makes me age by the day, esp when 2 of my top 4 choices have waitlisted me. Good luck to all of you and I hope someone can decipher and answer all that crap above

I just got the letter saying I am on the alternate list on Sat. :( Honestly I'm a little annoyed. I'm not saying I deserve to get in (the rest of my interviewees were fantastic applicants) but BOTH of my interviewers GUSHED about how much they wanted to see me go there and how great I would do at Mt Sinai. . .why say all that and not let me in? I understand that there are a lot of competitive applicants and not enough spaces, but I wish my interviewers wouldn't have gotten my hopes up so much! :oops:

Guess I'll start writing that letter of interest now...

Does Mount Sinai reject any applicants at this point in the process? Or is everybody just put on the alternate list?

rockstar2525 said:
I just got the letter saying I am on the alternate list on Sat. :( Honestly I'm a little annoyed. I'm not saying I deserve to get in (the rest of my interviewees were fantastic applicants) but BOTH of my interviewers GUSHED about how much they wanted to see me go there and how great I would do at Mt Sinai. . .why say all that and not let me in? I understand that there are a lot of competitive applicants and not enough spaces, but I wish my interviewers wouldn't have gotten my hopes up so much! :oops:

Guess I'll start writing that letter of interest now...

that sucks, i hate false hope; i agree...don't say so much positive stuff unless you have a lot of influence on the ultimate decision.

Does anyone know if Mt. Siani is still interviewing? I didn't hand in my app till the deadline, Dec 15th, and I haven't heard from them either way. I'm assuming since I haven't heard from them that I've been rejected pre-interview but just wanted some confirmation. Anyone else hand in their app late and hear from Mt. Siani already?

rugirlie said:
Does anyone know if Mt. Siani is still interviewing? I didn't hand in my app till the deadline, Dec 15th, and I haven't heard from them either way. I'm assuming since I haven't heard from them that I've been rejected pre-interview but just wanted some confirmation. Anyone else hand in their app late and hear from Mt. Siani already?

When I was at my interview about 2 weeks ago, they said that they were going to be interviewing for quite a while. Also, I had my app done in like September and didn't get an invite email till like December, so I don't think you should sweat it yet. Hope that helps, good luck.

Hey you all, I have another question as my one previous wasn't answered.

Do you guys think I should send a letter of interest of anything to update before or after my decision here? I understand that if I get waitlisted then it will look like I have something "new" to add, so that could make sense, but nonetheless any input would be welcome.

Also, has anyone noticed that with exception to Ivies and upper echelon schools, Sinai has accepted very few kids from the same schools? While this info was taken from mdapplicants.com and should therefore be taken with a grain of salt, has anyone reached a consensus on if med schools group kids from the same ugrad institutions together after the interview stage? Thanks much, good luck to all you kids trying to get into Sinai.

Hi everyone. I was really excited to get my email from Kelli Bailey but I have not yet received anything from MSSM in the mail. I'd like to cancel an interview I have in Feb but I'd prefer to have that in hand before I do anything. Has anyone accepted recently their acceptance packet yet? How long did it take after you got the email? Thanks!

kakashi said:
Hi everyone. I was really excited to get my email from Kelli Bailey but I have not yet received anything from MSSM in the mail. I'd like to cancel an interview I have in Feb but I'd prefer to have that in hand before I do anything. Has anyone accepted recently their acceptance packet yet? How long did it take after you got the email? Thanks!

I'm still waiting for mine too, they are sloow. But I think you're OK canceling based on the email.

yeah don't worry about it. I live in NYC and it took about a week to receive the packet. go ahead and cancel the other interviews

econstudent said:
Does Mount Sinai reject any applicants at this point in the process? Or is everybody just put on the alternate list?

wondering this too.... do they put everyone on the alternate list and not reject people, or are they just waiting a little while longer to reject people....

I read in one of the older threads that of the interviewees, they only reject about 100 people post-interview.