Mouse for treatment planning system

Started by Palex80
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Palex80

RAD ON
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, here's a less ordinary question:

What kind of a mouse do you use for your treatment planning system?

Contouring involves working with the mouse for a long period of time.
In my previous clinic we used a graphics tablet with an electronic pen, but in my current clinic we only use a mouse.
It's a laser, wireless mouse from Microsoft, but I am not really satisfied with it. The contours are not very smooth and when I tried an older cable-mouse from Logitech, I found it even worse.

Is there any mouse you would suggest to buy?
I was thinking of getting a gaming mouse, since they are considered to be very accurate and quite quick in their response times.
 
I like Logitech G series gaming mice. They're awesome for games like Counterstrike and Left 4 Dead.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't get this by my grant manager, but the Logitech MX518 is really precise, fits the (right) hand very well, and has a button that toggles the sensitivity so it is very easy to toggle between fine and course mouse movements. I do a lot of graphic editing work, and it has been my go-to wired mouse for years.

For a wireless set I recommend the Logitech MX5500 Revolution Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse. It is pricey, but every bit as responsive as wired gear. It looks really slick too. When I was deciding whether to buy one I noticed the chairman of surgery happened to have one in his office. I used this excuse to get THIS ONE by the grant manager. :laugh:

Why any high end computer peripheral has to have the term "gaming" thrown in so I can't spend grant money on it I will never know.
 
All I can say is skip the wireless mice. All the ones that I have used have way too much latency to contour effectively.