Move on or Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McSurgeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a untraditonal freshman in Memphis and wanted some advice on what I should do! I took English Comp I online in the summer of 2014 and failed it due to some finacial and health issues with my mother. I wasn't able to keep up with it the way I needed to. I had retaken it it on campus in the Fall of 2014. I made a C on the retake due to the same issues. My question is should I take it for a third time since I know I will be able to focus on it wholely this summer or should I just move on and do well in some upper division writing classes? Will Adcoms look unfavorably if I take it for a third time and make an A?

Also my current gpa right now is a cum 2.66 due to me making 2 f's and 2 c's and a couple of b's. I just was wondering if I retake it if it will help my gpa more in the long run? I had a 4.0 gpa last semester and plan on keeping that trend!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd say move on. One C won't kill you. Take an upper division or two and really bust your butt to make an A. You'd be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
See what happens and decide what to do when you get there. No need to start retaking things before you see what things are going to look like closer to the end.

Reactions: 1 user