Moving Casper test from September 9 to September 24

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samurai5511

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a CASPER test scheduled for tomorrow and was wondering if it would hurt me to move it to a later date. I am currently taking classes and filling out my secondaries and have been going through some issues with my family life. If I were to move the exam to September 24, would it hurt my admission chances? I am currently filling out secondaries and have submitted some of them. I have also done 0 preparation. My friend told me nothing needs to be done to get ready for the exam but, now I am looking online and, I hear people are saying you need to prep for about a day. This test honestly came as a complete surprise for me.
My stats are MCAT 510, GPA 3.75. and sGPA 3.7 so I also think I may be able to get away without having it while submitting my secondaries but need some guidance on this.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
I have a CASPER test scheduled for tomorrow and was wondering if it would hurt me to move it to a later date. I am currently taking classes and filling out my secondaries and have been going through some issues with my family life. If I were to move the exam to September 24, would it hurt my admission chances? I am currently filling out secondaries and have submitted some of them. I have also done 0 preparation. My friend told me nothing needs to be done to get ready for the exam but, now I am looking online and, I hear people are saying you need to prep for about a day. This test honestly came as a complete surprise for me.
My stats are MCAT 510, GPA 3.75. and sGPA 3.7 so I also think I may be able to get away without having it while submitting my secondaries but need some guidance on this.
No I wouldn’t reschedule it! Nothing really to prepare! I also have mine tomorrow! I might just do a sample exam which is available on their website I think and if I don’t have time because of my classes I’ll just take it as it is! I have taken it before and you really can’t prep for it....just need to be able to type fast and answer questions about scenarios involving ethical stuff!

Nah, just take it ASAP! Doesn't hurt to try some practice questions. It's supposed to take 3 weeks to get results sent out (my test was scored in about 2 weeks). A good tip is don't worry about wasting time on perfect punctuation and grammar, you won't lose points.

You made a questionable decision moving it, the exam really is easy and is a blowout of your money if anything. And you don't need to prepare at all unless you are just not good at social situations and being courteous.

• Dislike
The difference between getting scores sent by late Sep vs mid Oct is likely not significant. I see minimal benefit in preparing other than becoming familiar with the type of questions they'll ask. That wouldn't take more than 30 mins, or 1.5 hours if you wanted to take their entire free practice exam. It's not really something you can prep for other than living a life and navigating social and professional situations.