PhD/PsyD Moving from one country to another for internship year

Jan 20, 2021
Hi, anyone else here moving from one country to another to do their internship? I matched to a site across the border for internship and am excited for my placement, but have some concerns about how COVID may impact my ability to cross the border as I normally would.

I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, trying to navigate the cross-border move and any COVID-specific challenges that go along with it. I thought it would be nice for any US-->Canada and Canada--> US folks to keep in touch since we might all have similar journeys coming up this year. Feel free to PM me if so!

Also, anyone currently on internship who crossed the border last summer? I welcome all and any advice. There are usually a dozen or so people who matched at sites that aren't in their current countries, so if you're on SDN feel free to say hi!

psych.meout

5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. DO/PhD Student
This sounds like something you need to discuss with both your upcoming internship site and the provincial/state government where it is located.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.